MAIL > SORT/VIEW & CONVERSATION THREADING

Ellias Appel
Ellias Appel Member Posts: 8
First Comment

Hi,

Your email client has a particular way of sorting messages in the inbox. When you have replied to something, it then places that reply at the top of the inbox. This may be confusing for others, it certainly is for me.

It would be useful if the sorting was user controllable. For example, when I reply to an email in my inbox, I want it to remain in the same order as before I replied, and only float to the top of the list when I get a reply.

2 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,091 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited April 2022 #2

Thanks for sharing @Ellias Appel 🙏

• Guillaume_1141
    Guillaume_1141 Member Posts: 45
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited February 2022 #3

I deeply agree... I even thought it was a sync problem at the beginning till support told me everything was normal and expected. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #4
    Guillaume said:

I deeply agree... I even thought it was a sync problem at the beginning till support told me everything was normal and expected. 

Thanks for the additional comment @Guillaume 

• Tony Novak
    Tony Novak Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #5

Can I jump in: I wonder why the newest message in an email thread is located at the bottom of the scrolling. Wouldn't it be logical to have newest on top? Shouldn't this be user controllable?

• Ellias Appel
    Ellias Appel Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited May 2020 #6

Can I jump in: I wonder why the newest message in an email thread is located at the bottom of the scrolling. Wouldn't it be logical to have newest on top? Shouldn't this be user controllable?

@Tony Novak Are you an Outlook user?

iirc Outlook threads new mail to the top, and gmail does it to the bottom (with all previous emails collapsed)

• Neal Benedict
    Neal Benedict Member Posts: 6
    5 Up Votes
    edited February 2022 #7

This is a significant issue when you begin to have 80-90 emails (which we have many) with a client.  It is close to impossible to find specific emails, attachments, etc.  This should absolutely be user defined.  Email in PD is being close to being impossible to use.  

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #8

This is a significant issue when you begin to have 80-90 emails (which we have many) with a client.  It is close to impossible to find specific emails, attachments, etc.  This should absolutely be user defined.  Email in PD is being close to being impossible to use.  

Thanks for that additional comment @Neal Benedict Could you give some suggestions on what you'd like to see to change this and find emails etc, easier? I can then pass this on to our team :) 

• Phil Whitebloom
    Phil Whitebloom Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2020 #9

I also have a significant need with mail sorting. It does not need to be sophisticated for my purposes. You can use Microsoft Outlook has a model. It would be useful to be able to sort on the columns. A search filter will also be useful. If I am looking for a key word or phrase embedded in the "Subject', it can be typed into the search box and like magic it appears.  Can you have this done by Friday?  Thank you.  Phil

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2020 #10

I also have a significant need with mail sorting. It does not need to be sophisticated for my purposes. You can use Microsoft Outlook has a model. It would be useful to be able to sort on the columns. A search filter will also be useful. If I am looking for a key word or phrase embedded in the "Subject', it can be typed into the search box and like magic it appears.  Can you have this done by Friday?  Thank you.  Phil

Thanks @Phil Whitebloom we don't have any development planned around it at the moment, but I'll pass on your suggestion for when we start to work closely on this area again.

• Phil Whitebloom
    Phil Whitebloom Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2022 #11

Thanks Mike. I do believe that this is a significant need for a large population of Pipedrive users. This opinion is derived from the strong comments on those in this "chain". It continues to be a very significant and frustrating issue for me that I would think to be an easy modification. Especially since this email sorting function is a standard in almost every other email and CRM tool. Thank you for your continuing consideration.  Phil

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2020 #12

Thanks Mike. I do believe that this is a significant need for a large population of Pipedrive users. This opinion is derived from the strong comments on those in this "chain". It continues to be a very significant and frustrating issue for me that I would think to be an easy modification. Especially since this email sorting function is a standard in almost every other email and CRM tool. Thank you for your continuing consideration.  Phil

Thanks for the extra clarification @Phil Whitebloom our team has been made aware of this thread. Unfortunately prioritising work is always one of the hardest jobs. Hopefully 🙏 it gets attention in the future 

• Christian T. Petersen
    Christian T. Petersen Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2022 #13

Hi All,

I wanted to point out that I also very much need to be able to sort email threading "latest email on top" rather than at bottom. It is very inefficient to scroll to the bottom of a thread to see the newest message (the email that you want to read, in fact). I looked for an hour for the setting to do this (present in every other email client that I use), but I'm guessing by reading these posts that this setting doesn't exist. Pipedrive, please add this setting asap :)

• Cal Peters
    Cal Peters Member Posts: 6
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2022 #14

This mail sort issue has been going on for WAY too long.  It's irritating as HELL to try to find new email in your inbox and I'd bet that >90% of users don't use "conversation threading" in their other email clients.  It's also really annoying to see that this has supposedly been "elevated" any number of times, but never apparently is judged worthy of ANY effort.  EVERYBODY is dealing with limited resources.  THIS issue needs to be PRIORITIZED.  I'm not interested in more excuses.  PLEASE FIX IT so we can sort email so the most recent appears at the top of your inbox.  It CAN'T be that hard....   THANK YOU.  

• Virgil Nethercott
    Virgil Nethercott Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

I agree with this, its screwing up my clients emails too because I’m replying from the bottom and they are replying from the top. Was there a fix to this?

• konradjob
    konradjob Member Posts: 4
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic

I love Pipedrive, but this is incredibly frustrating.

I am constantly switching back and forth from Outlook to Pipedrive as it is very difficult to find the latest email within a thread. It actually makes emailing from Pipedrive close to unusable.

I am wondering when this is going to fixed? Jumping out of your CRM to answer sales emails and then back into your CRM is totally ridiculous. I know that prioritising programming work is difficult, but surely this should be at the very top of the list.

• Roel
    Roel Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

This.

Please, please, please give us the option to sort e-mails in chronological order instead of conversation view. I keep working in Gmail instead of Pipedrive because of this.

Just like everyone else is writing here about the thread feature: it's quite unusable. How is it that for Pipedrive it's easier to combine mails and show them in a thread than to show everything in the exact the way it enters my Gmail inbox? I don't get it.