Korean translation for product: 제품 vs 상품
I'd like to report an awkward translation of 'products' in Korean.
According to the wikipedia article, products can be categorized into three types:
- in retailing, products are often referred to as merchandise
- in manufacturing, products are bought as raw materials and then sold as finished good
- a service is also regarded as a type of product.
- Pipiedrive translates products as '제품', which refers to the second category of the products.
- The correct translation will be '상품', which refers to the first cateogory (and the third category as well)
Hope it helps.
p.s. We have a similar issue In Japanese translation as well. Products are translated as '製品' which refers to the second category of Product. As in Korean translation, '商品' sounds better for products in Japanese.