What is the best way to manage existing customers with Pipedrive?

Hi, 

we have sold many different products in a short period of time and now we would like to supply the existing customers just as well and above all: MAINTAIN THE OVERVIEW

therefore my question

What is the best way to manage existing customers with Pipedrive?

- By product

- who bought the product A, B or C of all?

- How many people bought the product in the promotion phase?

- By the person

- what did the person buy and when?

- When does their membership expire?

- What bonus material did she get for free from time x?

- From when does she pay a monthly membership fee?

Thanks for some advice for an enthusiastic beginner

Robert 

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Kyle Neuenschwander
    edited July 2021 #2

Hey Robert!

I think a lot of this is tied to your product model. I'm with a SAAS group where most clients have a variable monthly bill, and we use automations and custom fields to help pipe won deals into an Account Management pipeline with general stages designed to help our staff keep track of the relationship of the customer to us and our product, specifically how they are in contact with us.

Without knowing more details of your structure, you might consider using a similar model in conjunction with the 'Products' feature: https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/products

Custom meta fields on the Deal and Organizational levels for that information specific to your situation, such as Promotional Buyer Count and Membership Expiration could be especially empowering to you. You also might consider running a stage of your pipeline, or an entire pipeline, depending on its complexity, for your Promotional phase(s).

• Robert_38973
    Robert_38973 Posts: 4
    edited February 25 #3

Danke Kyle für deine Antworten. Das klingt gut, wie sieht denn so eine Account-Management-Pipeline konkret aus? Kannst du mir ein Pipedrive Video empfehlen, wo ich mich weiterbilden kann? 

Das mit den Produkten klingt gut. Vielen Dank für den link. 

• Kyle Neuenschwander
    edited July 2021 #4
    Robert said:

Danke Kyle für deine Antworten. Das klingt gut, wie sieht denn so eine Account-Management-Pipeline konkret aus? Kannst du mir ein Pipedrive Video empfehlen, wo ich mich weiterbilden kann? 

Entschuldigung ich kann nicht Deutsch sprechen.

Apologies for my delay in response; I was out of the office.

In my experience, it is always best to first develop a process and adapt your use of tools to that process as much as possible, only adjusting the process to fit the tools when absolutely necessary. If you do not presently have a clearly defined staged Account Management process, I would start there, and then attempt to realize that design in Pipedrive. 

In a SAAS model with a staged Account Management process design, this might break down into a pipeline looking something like this:

| New Paid Subscriber | → | Onboarding | → | Project | → | Healthy | ⇄ | High Risk | 

These stages would be high enough level to be useful to Account Managers in recognizing the status of a deal at a glance, and details could be afforded through activities and Custom metadata fields on the Deal and Account levels, especially when used in conjunction with the Labels feature.

I'm afraid I'm not aware of a Pipedrive video or documentation on the use of Pipelines to manage won deals; we've built our approach to this from scratch. There is a closed channel here on the forums specifically for Account Management, as Pipedrive has taken note of those like ourselves who take an interest in leveraging the platform for such ends:

https://community.pipedrive.com/group/project-management-delivery-management

Let me know if this helps, and if I can be of any further assistance.

• Robert_38973
    Robert_38973 Posts: 4
    edited June 2021 #5
    Robert said:

Hello Kyle, thank you für your writing. I am actually in holiday and will answer you next week.🙋🏻‍♂️Robert