How to run a system database in pipedrive

Options
Anders Larsen
Anders Larsen Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Business Talk #1

I'm reaching out as a new potential user to seek your advise. We run a sales and support organisation selling analytical instruments to labs and I would ideally (if needed with a plugin) use Pipedrive for all main tasks in the workflows. 1) find leads and follow deals (all good)  2) use the same system to create support cases and track progress - my idea would be to create a pipeline for the support cases, I think I'm ok. BUT ! I would really like to have in the system all the details on a system sold to a customer like model, serialnumber, software version, accessories, do they have support 24h contract, last service and roughly 15 fields in total with serialnumber being key. Coupled to the account. Any idea how to solve that ?

Tagged:

Comments

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Anders Larsen!

I am glad to see you are interested in using Pipedrive. We have an option to create custom fields that correspond to your needs and your suggested data could be stored exactly under these fields that connect either to a Deal or Contact Person/Organization. You can learn more about them here : https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/custom-fields

• Anders Larsen
    Anders Larsen Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2021 #3
    Options
    Kreete K said:

Hi @Anders Larsen!

I am glad to see you are interested in using Pipedrive. We have an option to create custom fields that correspond to your needs and your suggested data could be stored exactly under these fields that connect either to a Deal or Contact Person/Organization. You can learn more about them here : https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/custom-fields

Hi Kreete K,

Thanks for the fast response ! 

I did look at custom fields and have added many under person, account and products etc. but I fail to understand the use in the systems database as an account may have 10 systems with 15 informations each and I presume 150 fields under account will look and work kind of the ugly way  and fields will have to be named serial no1, instrument1....n
    Do you see the hazard ?
    Cheers

Anders

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2021 #4
    Options
    Kreete K said:

Hi @Anders Larsen!

Indeed, I understand that this can get a bit difficult to follow when using so many custom fields. This is still the best option, I believe.  Many companies use a lot of custom fields in their everyday work. The key is testing and finding out what works best for your workflow. I can see, you are also in contact with our Support team via email, and glad that the team can help you further figuring this out.