Duplicate emails from several workflow automations + link bug

Paul McClenaghan
Paul McClenaghan Member Posts: 17
First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

Hi there, 

I'm having an issue where I've got several fairly basic workflow automations that simply send an email when a deal reaches a certain stage. The problem is we're seeing multiples of the same email being sent (e.g. when we look in the sent folder there are up to 4 duplicates of the same email). 

I looked for other posts here outlining similar issues and I found the one where the person had a done of automations triggered on the same stage but that's not the case here. The stages triggering my emails don't have anything else on them. 

So I can't help but think at the moment that automations which include emails are buggy and being fired multiple times. I'll be switching to Zapier to handle these now as it just seems more reliable.

Another issue I need to flag up with you is that in one of the email templates used in the above I have a calendly link that inserts some field data. When that's then viewed in the sent email box the link is distorted and doesn't work. 

This is what the link in the template looks like:

And this is how it renders in the email:

Might be another bug with how HTML emails are handled?

Annoyingly these two problems weren't evident in testing... only once the system went live with real customers! 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

60cc9d2f0a18e775b1be01b1_92086.png
60cc9da8170d784df803fd39_64691.png

Comments

• Vera Rosado
    Vera Rosado Pipedrive Team Posts: 26 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic Pipedrive Team
    edited July 2021 #2

Hello @Paul McClenaghan 

I'm very sorry you are experiencing some issues with your automation. I reviewed all your automations and I believe you deactivate the ones who had the action to send an email. 
    From what I was able to see you have the conditions set, to all of them, like this example:

Trigger - Deal Updated
    Condition -  Deal stage is 6. Pre-Survey Call Attempted

Action - Send email 

This automation will be triggered by ANY update made to the deal while the deal is on that stage, therefore send duplicated emails (one per update).

When using Old Automations

To avoid this you should add a new condition
    Trigger - Deal Updated
    Condition -Deal Stage has changed
                          -  Deal stage is 6. Pre-Survey Call Attempted

Action - Send email 

When using New Automations

Trigger - Deal Updated
    Condition -  Deal stage Has changed to  6. Pre-Survey Call Attempted

Action - Send email 

About the Calendly link, I was not able to fully understand what is happening, but we will be more than happy to look into it in our Support. Please contact us!

Have a great day! 

• Paul McClenaghan
    Paul McClenaghan Member Posts: 17
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2021 #3

Hi Vera, 

Thanks very much for that explanation and I can see where I went wrong there. 

Paul

• Larry Kaufman
    Larry Kaufman Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #4

I too am having issues with my users receiving duplicated emails from a workflow.

• Irina Iglesias
    Irina Iglesias Pipedrive Team Posts: 32 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited January 2022 #5

I too am having issues with my users receiving duplicated emails from a workflow.

Hello @Larry Kaufman 

Please reach out to our support via chat or email to support@pipedrive.com so we can have all the details about this and help in the best way possible. 

Thank you.