Optional data fields for different Pipelines

Comments

• Paul McKenna
    Paul McKenna Member Posts: 57
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #32

This isn't possible. The Pipedrive team at the moment are working on creating 'custom fields' sections which would help. 

Otherwise you can try either of these:

Visibility: https://sharing.pipedrive.com/9zzcUv

Customised text to create sections innovation by @Martin Eckardt : https://community.pipedrive.com/post/having-fields-sections-5ec65283289e3c411e723819

• Martin Eckardt
    Martin Eckardt Member Posts: 23
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2023 #33

Hi @Paul McKenna ,

this is great news! My input to the field sections:

• Make the field sections very distinguishable and give them a clear "header" which can be defined by the user
    • Make Field sections "collapsable"
      • In the settings: Let the user decide which sections are collapsed by default
      • even better: let the user decide which section should be collapsed by stage of the deal

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2023 #34

Hi @Scott and @Martin Eckardt ! The solutions presented above are good ones. 👍

That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

Learn more about Important Fields and Required Fields in the linked tutorials.

Speaking of which, here are some pro tips to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Saskia Dix
    Saskia Dix Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited April 2023 #35

Hi @Martin Boonzaayer , thank you for your feedback!

This suggestion has come up a few times and I've made sure to send it internally to our team for consideration.

@Inês Batata Really good suggestion from Martin. Do you have any idea if and when this feature will be launched? 

• izzet agoren
    izzet agoren Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #36

has this feature not yet been released? 

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2023 #37

Hi @Martin Boonzaayer , thank you for your feedback!

This suggestion has come up a few times and I've made sure to send it internally to our team for consideration.

Hi @Saskia Dix , thank you for your interest!

I checked and at the moment we have no news about this, as priorities and resource allocations for development have to be distributed and unfortunately not everything can be built or at least built in the near future. That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

Speaking of which, here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Inês Batata
    edited January 2023 #38

has this feature not yet been released? 

Hi @izzet agoren !

At the moment we have no news about this, as priorities and resource allocations for development have to be distributed and unfortunately not everything can be built or at least built in the near future. That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

Speaking of which, here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new releases.
    • Follow What's Planned to know what we're working on currently and what’s to come.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.
  • Stefan Lesicnik
    Stefan Lesicnik Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #39

+1 for this feature please

• Conrad Bergmann
    Conrad Bergmann Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2022 #40

We are dealing with two different sorts of clients.

They are different in the information we need to have provided. This means some data fields are unnecessary in one pipeline, whereas these could be required in the other.

My question for the development team would be, if this could be implemented. I have already been told that  it is not possible in the current version of Pipedrive.

Best

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 374
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited April 2023 #41

@Conrad I made this suggestion recently, sounds like something like this? https://community.pipedrive.com/post/variable-deal-details-pane-6004516ebbe8817e9e00872d

• Conrad Bergmann
    Conrad Bergmann Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2023 #42

@Conrad I made this suggestion recently, sounds like something like this? https://community.pipedrive.com/post/variable-deal-details-pane-6004516ebbe8817e9e00872d

In contrast to your suggestion I would like it to be pipeline dependent. The underlying idea would actually be to have a  different "deal adding-interface" for each pipeline. This would enable us to set individual details as required or important.

• Tigran
    Tigran Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #43

Any updates to this request yet? 

• Kingsley Holdaway
    Kingsley Holdaway Member Posts: 17
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic
    edited January 2023 #44

I agree, any updates? Its been talked about quite a bit.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited January 2023 #45

@Tigran Mikayelyan @Kingsley Holdaway and others reading this. I'm sorry but there is no news worth mentioning on this suggestion :( at the moment it's a backlog idea and it's not in development.

I wish I had happier news.. I'm going to make sure our team doesn't forget about this and knows there's still plenty of us out there that would like to see this happen

• Elena Kazarov
    Elena Kazarov Member Posts: 18
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #46

Feature request: we have needs for different fields based on the kind of Pipeline they show up under. Any plans to create fields that only show up if specified for a certain kind of Pipeline (and are hidden otherwise)?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2023 #47

Thanks for sharing @Conrad I've seen this one before, let me pass it along and hopefully we can convince the teams to give this priority :) 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2023 #48

Thanks @Elena Kazarov passed this one on as well :) 

• William Fraser
    William Fraser Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #49

We have been asking for this for 4 years, but I still hold out hope! I am confused as to why it's not a top priority, we now use Pipedrive for post-sale delivery, we have lots of products and even sub-product pipelines. The field bar is a nightmare :( 

Another +1 for this feature please! 

• Brie Ferullo
    Brie Ferullo Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #50

Yes, we need this feature please!

• Brad Cohen
    Brad Cohen Member Posts: 21
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited May 2022 #51

It would be very helpful to allow for customization of the fields shown for each pipeline. I have multiple pipeline all showing details that are not needed. This causes a slow down in data entry and some confusion for our team. 

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited January 2023 #52
  • Georg Wässa
    Georg Wässa Member Posts: 18
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2023 #53

Friendly reminder that we need this feature :-)

• Christian Normann
    Christian Normann Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #54

Any updates ?

It seems weird to not have this possibility

• Bromley Sibson
    Bromley Sibson Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #55

Agreed - We have multiple pipelines as the products we offer are very different, and so the information we need to report from on each pipeline is different as a result. Happy to use important fields as a workaround unless there's a time frame that this update might be launched?

• Eli Glanz
    Eli Glanz Member Posts: 49
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2022 #56

As is the typical sales and prospecting process, certain and most data points are not entered initially, but as the Deal goes through the pipeline.

• Different pipelines have different Data points.
    • Different stages within each pipeline have different Data points
    • Leads typically won't need / use even half the Custom fields needed for a deal.

The result of having unneeded Fields in the Detail view in stages they're not needed/useful is unfilled custom fields and inconsistent data entry. This is more than annoying, it's resulting in a broken and cluttered workflow.

I went in the Leads view and saw all the custom fields which are only a thing after the 5th stage in our Deal pipeline - that's just bad... and distracting - resulting in a mental block to the salesperson from focusing on the task at hand.

Just as we have the option of selecting whether fields appear as 'important fields', based on the pipeline and stage, we need the option as to whether we want to see those fields at all... Based on Pipeline, Stage and Lead / Deal

One more thing, can we have data fields in the backend, hidden fields accessible only through a data export or API? (I guess having the ability to hide fields would basically result in a workaround where we have this as well)

Thanks!

• Kyle Neuenschwander
    Kyle Neuenschwander Member Posts: 10
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #57

Affirmed; the option to show/hide custom fields based on user group and/or pipeline or stage would be huge for separation of power and managing data.

• Eli Glanz
    Eli Glanz Member Posts: 49
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2023 #58

Affirmed; the option to show/hide custom fields based on user group and/or pipeline or stage would be huge for separation of power and managing data.

This makes a big difference for all users in an organization, eventually field visibility based on User/Team could also be added - but let's not get ahead of ourselves

• Geoff Wilkie
    Geoff Wilkie Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #59

Hi there,

Looking to see if there is an update as to the anticipated for separate fields in separate pipelines. 

Know it was a postponed item to be addressed - but is there any updates as to when this is planned for or anticipated?

Will it happen in 2021?

Could I get an update on that one

• Laura Maier
    Laura Maier Member Posts: 23
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2023 #60

Any updates ?

It seems weird to not have this possibility

@Mike van der Valk  do you know if there is any news about this?

• James Campbell_42685
    James Campbell_42685 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #61

Any news on when this feature will be  available?

This discussion has been closed.