Custom Fields issue

Az Ahmed
Az Ahmed Member Posts: 3
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone else has come across this issue. I have created a custom field called Disqualification Reason and have a stage in my pipeline called Disqualified. I want to make this specific field required for only that specific Disqualified stage but the system also makes it required for the Closed Won and Closed Lost stages. I am wondering why it does this and if there is a workaround? Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Vera Rosado
    Vera Rosado Pipedrive Team Posts: 26 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #2

Hey there @Az Ahmed 

Thank you for your message! 
    I'm not sure if you already made the update or if you are experiencing this with the Pipeline as it is. It is expected that a required field is required for that stage and all stages ahead. I check on my side and, at this moment, it looks like you already have the "Disqualified" stage as the last on the Pipeline. 

If you are getting this behavior with the Pipeline this way, please contact our Support so we can further assist here. 

Thank you! 

• Az Ahmed
    edited June 2021 #3

Hey there @Az Ahmed 

I'm not sure if you already made the update or if you are experiencing this with the Pipeline as it is. It is expected that a required field is required for that stage and all stages ahead. I check on my side and, at this moment, it looks like you already have the "Disqualified" stage as the last on the Pipeline. 

If you are getting this behavior with the Pipeline this way, please contact our Support so we can further assist here. 

Thank you! 

Thanks. I find it very odd behaviour that it would be required for that stage and every stage after it. Why is that? What if I only want it in the first stage and in no other stage?

I have made the stage Disqualified as the last stage but this hasn't changed the order of it in the Company Settings in the Data Fields section. the Disqualified stage is still before the Closed Won stage.

I have already contacted Support and they couldn't help me. They said it was expected behaviour which is very odd expected behaviour.

• Vera Rosado
    Vera Rosado Pipedrive Team Posts: 26 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic Pipedrive Team
    edited June 2021 #4

Hey there @Az Ahmed 

Thank you! 

Pipedrive works based on stages and the flow between stages. If you have a stage where it is required a certain field to be populated, we expect that that field must be populated to progress on the pipeline so the stages ahead will also need to have this field populated. 

I can see you have a stage for Won deals and Lost Deals, did you consider removing these stages as they are a Status available for your Deals and use a filter to see Lost Deals or Won deals on your pipeline? 

I recorded you a video that I hope can explain this better :) 

https://sharing.pipedrive.com/IshLBW

Hope you have a great day! 

• Az Ahmed
    edited June 2021 #5

Hey there @Az Ahmed 

Thank you! 

I understand that, but if my stage Disqualified is the last stage in the pipeline, why can't I make that field populated just for that stage? There are no stages ahead of it. I want to leave the Closed Won and Closed Lost stages so the entire team can see all the deals that we've won and lost without having to mess around with filters.