Admins should have read access to automations created by other users

Chris Cohen
Chris Cohen Member Posts: 3

Admins should be able to read any automations created by other users.

Reasons:

• As a consultant, I am building automations for a team. These only live on my account, even though my account won't live on. When I create an automation it should be able to be accessed by other admins.
  • As an admin working with other admins and encouraging them to run their own automations, I need to be able to audit their automations to confirm any errors
0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Diana
    Diana Pipedrive Team Posts: 32 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #2

Hey Chris, 

As an Admin User you should be able to see Workflow Automations created by other users. Could you be so kind as to reach out to our support team so they can look into this for you?

• Chris Cohen
    edited August 2021 #3
    Diana said:

Hey Chris, 

As an Admin User you should be able to see Workflow Automations created by other users. Could you be so kind as to reach out to our support team so they can look into this for you?

For sure! For the record, I can see the titles of the workflow automations created by other users, but I can't click into them to see the setup. Will reach out to support.

• Chris Cohen
    edited April 2022 #4

Hi DIana, I just spoke with support.

They confirmed my original post: I can see the title of the Workflow Automations, but I cannot access them to see the setup.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #5

Hi @Chris Cohen thanks for reaching out here. I'll double check with the Product team in charge of this and get back to you after the weekend ;) 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited April 2020 #6

Hi @Chris Cohen thanks for reaching out here. I'll double check with the Product team in charge of this and get back to you after the weekend ;) 

@Chris Cohen it's in our plans, no timeframe to give right now unfortunately, but we want to do this in the future.

• Rodrigo Rojas
    Rodrigo Rojas Member Posts: 56
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2021 #7

This is a very needed request for AUTOMATION!

• Julia Wester_34171
    Julia Wester_34171 Member Posts: 9
    First Comment
    edited March 2021 #8

Yes, I don't understand why this isn't an admin feature, especially as the number of workflow automations is capped.

• Julia Wester_34171
    Julia Wester_34171 Member Posts: 9
    First Comment
    edited March 2021 #9

Hi Mike, any update?

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #10

Hi everyone, I'm checking for news with the Product Manager for this feature and will let you know as soon as I hear back from him.

This is where we make all product update announcements, make sure to follow them:

• Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.
  • Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited March 2021 #11

Hi everyone, I'm checking for news with the Product Manager for this feature and will let you know as soon as I hear back from him.

This is where we make all product update announcements, make sure to follow them:

• Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

Update to let you know I got some news from the Product Manager: currently it's not in our plans to let Admins edit other users' automations but we're working on a new option that will allow Admins to build and distribute workflows among other users, thus retaining editing control of those workflows.

If everything goes to plan, this should be out by the end of 2021. Follow the links I mentioned above so you never miss a product update announcement. 🚀 

• Andrew Moser
    Andrew Moser Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2021 #12

Again, this seems like a no-brainer, even just to be able to view other's workflow automations--important for auditing.  Any updates?

• Andrew Moser
    Andrew Moser Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2021 #13
    Diana said:

Hey Chris, 

As of Aug 30, 2021, I can confirm the same thing as Chris