Alternate languages for custom fields

Options
Bernd Auer
Bernd Auer Member Posts: 345
First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

It's weird that I haven't read this as a feature request anywhere. I hear it really often from international companies:

Custom fields should be translatable. Many companies have employees with different native languages. Pipedrive itself can be used in many languages, but I can't translate my own fields (and the values in them). If Pipedrive wants to grow further, I think this should work soon. 

Is this somewhere on the roadmap?

Comments

• Joseph Valenti
    Joseph Valenti Member Posts: 72
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited September 2021 #2
    Options

As a reseller/partner, I confirm that the absence of this capability drives larger accounts away. 
    The needs of companies operating in both English and French (and/or other supported languages) are not fully met if only Pipedrive-system field-names & labels are available in multiple languages. 
    It is also necessary that custom-fields be configurable (on an Enterprise plan, I'd expect) to be visible in the user's own language. This includes values in drop-downs, multiple choice, etc, as well as the custom field-names.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,071 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Hi @Bernd Auer , I definitely see where you are coming from!  Custom Fields have their names set by the admin user, but each custom field can only have one name that is visible by all users. Which does not translate automatically I'm afraid.

I will be sure your feedback is seen internally. For the time being, a workaround I can suggest is creating the custom field that contains the name in the languages you need. For example a custom field called "Salesperson" that is to be used by English and Portuguese speaking team members could be named as "Salesperson / Vendedor"

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 345
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited July 2021 #4
    Options

Hi @Bernd Auer , I definitely see where you are coming from!  Custom Fields have their names set by the admin user, but each custom field can only have one name that is visible by all users. Which does not translate automatically I'm afraid.

I will be sure your feedback is seen internally. For the time being, a workaround I can suggest is creating the custom field that contains the name in the languages you need. For example a custom field called "Salesperson" that is to be used by English and Portuguese speaking team members could be named as "Salesperson / Vendedor"

Hi @Manuel Oliveira ,

some of your customers need real multilanguage. So renaming the fields doesn't really help. 

I have a German customer with a German Pipedrive and 30 German natives. There are 5 English speaking colleagues who don't understand German. And 2 italian guys who don't understand any other language.  

So you would have to name a field like deal source "Deal Source/Deal Quelle/
    Origine dell'affare". And the values would be like "Trade show/ Messe/ Fiera".  Imagine if they are expanding to any other country and have additional local sales reps who are not very strong in existing languages. 

This is really against the Pipedrive UI which says "keeping everything easy and clean" ;-)

• Jasmin David
    Jasmin David Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2022 #5
    Options

We need this feature urgently for the integration of our international branches...

• Iñaki Crespo_41636
    Iñaki Crespo_41636 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2022 #6
    Options

+1, this is needed when we are a 3-country company where international expansion is always on the radar.

• FL
    FL Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Do you have any news about multilingual custom fields?

This is a necessary function.

We have to create different fields for different languages. The same data arrives in different fields. It's counter-intuitive and makes the whole system more complex.