Folders for managing and building email templates

Chip Royce
Chip Royce Member Posts: 7
5 Up Votes First Comment

Suggest having a folder system for the email templates.

For example:

• I have 30-40 email templates
  • They deal with different types of scenarios in an ordered cadence
  • I have to change the names in order to currently group by the scenario (New customer: Email 1, New Customer: Email 2, etc...)
  • I have to scroll through a long list to find what I need
  • Some emails were written for trade shows and other events. I don't want to delete as I may use as a template for other situations
  • Having folders would make this so much easier!
23 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Ellias Appel
    Ellias Appel Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #2

At the moment, the email templates are only accessible via the email composer. If we want to edit, or change any of the existing templates (as opposed to creating one) we are forced to compose and email, and access the templates menu, then opt to manage them.

This highlights the very basic approach that has been taken to the email system in Pipedrive. The templates are very powerful, especially when linked with automatons, and deserve their own dedicated access point outside of the composer.

Additionally there needs to be a more robust fields section which allows a greater depth of access to fields, including dates, etc.

• Jonathan Gennick
    Jonathan Gennick Member Posts: 52
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2 #3

It would be nice not to have to compose an email in order to create a template. Same with email signatures. 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited February 2 #4

Thanks for sharing @Ellias Appel and @Jonathan Gennick I've passed it on to our email team!

• Ed Gornall
    Ed Gornall Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited February 2 #5

How do you add "custom fields" to an email template?

• Ellias Appel
    Ellias Appel Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited February 2 #6

How do you add "custom fields" to an email template?

That side of things is... very basic at the moment.

If I had to guess, there's an intent to make it more robust.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #7

@Chip Royce I really like that suggestion personally! I've made sure our team picks up your feedback and takes a look at your suggestions, thanks for sharing!

• Tatiana Bazzi
    Tatiana Bazzi Member Posts: 7
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #8

Was about to come on the community and ask exactly for the same feature!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited November 2020 #9

Was about to come on the community and ask exactly for the same feature!

In that case thanks for responding here @Tatiana Bazzi this shows us better how many users are in need of this.

• Martin Eckardt
    Martin Eckardt Member Posts: 23
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited June 2020 #10

We would love that aswell! It would be perfect to have folders and subfolders. We also struggle with the high number of templates.

• Silja Petasch
    Silja Petasch Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2020 #11

This would be a really helpful feature!

• Martin Eckardt
    Martin Eckardt Member Posts: 23
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited June 2020 #12

@Mike van der Valk  Are there any plans to bring folders for email templates? 

• dgnfly
    dgnfly Member Posts: 7
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 2020 #13

Here here!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #14

@Martin Eckardt sorry I missed your comment and @Julian Philpott thanks for chiming in. Currently it's not in the immediate plans to work on it. I do know our team is aware of the request but it has not been prioritised at the moment.

• John CEO
    John CEO Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2020 #15

agree very good idea

• Diego_25273
    Diego_25273 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #16

Any update on this? It's been 7 mos already this feature still not available? why?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2021 #17
    Diego said:

Any update on this? It's been 7 mos already this feature still not available? why?

Hi @Diego unfortunately not everything that's suggested, no matter how good can be put to work directly. We have many great suggestions from all over the world and internally we always have to prioritise those against another. Because of this it can happen that some things either never get done or it just takes a while for us to get there after the more urgent work. 

Currently there are no active plans to create this functionality, it is in our backlog of ideas at the moment unfortunately.

• John CEO
    John CEO Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #18

PD you need to stop thinking like programmers and more like business people.  Folders help us organize under the mess of data and should be standard.  Start looking after your customers better and deliver practical solutions!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2021 #19
    John CEO said:

PD you need to stop thinking like programmers and more like business people.  Folders help us organize under the mess of data and should be standard.  Start looking after your customers better and deliver practical solutions!

Hi @John CEO 

Thanks for your comment. I'm passing this on to our email team. I know that we're currently looking to expand that team and have people focus on improving the area, I'll make sure this is one of the things they will consider!

• Halsey Schider
    Halsey Schider Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #20

With my business, we utilize email templates for different stages of a sale and I think adding folders would be an easier way to organize the different templates, rather than just having them listed like it currently is.  Does anyone know if it this possible to create folders for email templates? 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 11 #21

Hi @Halsey Schider 

This makes a lot of sense. I've added the "feedback" tag to your post so that our team sees it and hopefully we can prioritise it :) Thanks for sharing!

• mariaftrigueiro
    mariaftrigueiro Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #22

Any update on whether this will be implemented soon? 

• Halsey Schider
    Halsey Schider Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited January 11 #23

Hi @Halsey Schider 

This makes a lot of sense. I've added the "feedback" tag to your post so that our team sees it and hopefully we can prioritise it :) Thanks for sharing!

Thank you so much! We are adding a ton of email templates right now and having folders would allow for so much more organized. Let me know if you have any updates. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2021 #24

Any update on whether this will be implemented soon? 

Hi @Maria Trigueiro unfortunately no update :( I'm going to nudge the email team about this and see if we can increase priority but currently it's not in the short term plans.

• Robert Williams
    Robert Williams Member Posts: 25
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2 #25

having access to all of the system fields and custom fields for deals, contacts, organization would be great. My team has the practice of customizing outbound prospecting emails to the contact. At present I can't even select the contact's "job title" which seems like a huge oversight to me. I also second Ellias' recommendation that Email templates should be accessible from the menu/settings section. 

• AutoBizBrokers
    AutoBizBrokers Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2021 #26

Just as everyone else has suggested, having email template folders would be extremely helpful, and from and outside perspective it seems like it would be easy to implement. Is there any update on if this will be implemented soon? If not, has it been discussed by the Pipedrive team as a potential future fix/upgrade and is there a reason that this feature is difficult to create or add?

• Brandon Johnson
    Brandon Johnson Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited January 31 #27

Would be very helpful for my Sales and Customer Service team to have separate email templates that they can access, without going through dozens of different email templates.

A category field would work.

Thanks!

• Efir Media
    Efir Media Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited January 31 #28

100% agree, would be extremely helpful

• Efir Media
    Efir Media Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited July 2022 #29

We have a number of shared email templates now and it's getting hard to find the ones we want quickly. 

A simple folder format would solve that so it can be separated into the right places and not just be one long, difficult-to-read list. 

Something like this, for example: (Dropdown folder that expands/closes on demand)

6139dfa65f63b6319eaf33ad_3671.png
  • Markus Funk
    Markus Funk Member Posts: 111
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited January 11 #30

in addition to that: A quicker way to access the templates. E.G: an extra menu point to access the email templates directly to alter them / make new ones. 

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,519
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes
    edited January 11 #31

Yes. This is needed. As a workaround, I am using code names as a prefix for each template name so that they are at least in order.