Names of variables in export are difficult for auromation and data analysis

Martin Pecha_2338
Martin Pecha_2338 Member Posts: 146
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

I recently did a lot of heavy data analysis and data cleaning from pipedrive and it became extremely difficult to handle the names when using exported xlsx  in different programs. 

“Organisation - variable” is a bit unlucky as the standarsd is using variable names without spaces - i.e. “Organisation.variable” or “Organisation_variable” - I then have to manually clean the variables names every time I do some export. 

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,541
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited February 2022 #2

Hey @Martin Pecha  - You can try running these files via Parabola before using them. If you're using Tableau, Tableau Prep can do these things for you. You can also export the data using Flatly.

• Martin Pecha_2338
    Martin Pecha_2338 Member Posts: 146
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment
    edited July 2021 #3

Hey @Martin Pecha  - You can try running these files via Parabola before using them. If you're using Tableau, Tableau Prep can do these things for you. You can also export the data using Flatly.

Thanks @Amit Sarda , these are great ideas - however, it requires another 3rd party app you have to use. It is easier to rename all variables one in the code, when working with the same structure. I am also using Keboola as a ETL stack.