Need a Lead Routing Feature

jams
jams Member Posts: 19
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
edited April 2023 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

No matter how much we use Pipedrive, the one feature that our team can't seem to solve is Contact based lead routing.

For our workflow, each new "lead" that comes in is a Contact. If we gain traction with the contact, we create a deal later. We don't use "Leads" feature yet, but even if we did, it would not change our workflow. It all starts with the Contact.

• We have tried 3rd party apps, but they only route Deals, not Contacts, and have no plans to change that. We tried setting up a Zap that would create a new Deal, assign the Deal, re-assign the related Contact and then delete the Deal...but it got too complicated
  • We have implemented the Zapier strategy, but it involves 3 separate Zaps and a Google Sheet, plus it takes 15 minutes to execute and malfunctions almost daily

Please like if this is something that would benefit you as well, and post a comment as to what form of lead routing you would like to see? 

• Round Robin
  • Random (with percentage, i.e. 80% to User A, 20% to User B)
  • Location Based
  • Other
0 votes

Completed · Last Updated

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 374
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2

It seems you're kinda fighting the entire nature of pipedrive and the foundation of its purpose. To track and guide deals from opportunity to completion. But I can't say I completely understand what it is you are trying to do with a contact record. 

• jams
    edited July 2021 #3

It seems you're kinda fighting the entire nature of pipedrive and the foundation of its purpose. To track and guide deals from opportunity to completion. But I can't say I completely understand what it is you are trying to do with a contact record. 

Just route a new contact to a user when the contact is created. 

We are B2C so our first connection is always with a contact and we need a way to distribute our inbound leads (which are contacts).

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2021 #4

Hmm, so if our receptionist enters a new record and wants to assign it to a sales person she would just create the contact record and then change ownership of that contact record to the sales person of choice. We would probably also create a short automation that then sends an email to the receiver of the contact record notifying them a new contact has been transferred to them. . This is pretty much what we do with deals, but the same could be done for contacts and not deals. What else am I missing?

• jams
    edited July 2021 #5

All of our lead magnets are automated, we are trying to eliminate the need for manual lead entry. Also, admin staff typically work fixed hours, but sales teams can respond to new leads after hours. 

As with any relational database, the challenge is that everything: Leads, Deals, Activities, etc, all relate back to a contact. 

So if you are able to start by determining correct ownership of the Contact, it's much easier to to set proper ownership of future related items (Deals, Leads, Activities, etc). 

It's much harder to create a Deal and then retroactively change ownership and visibility rights of the related Contact and any associated Activities. This is especially true when working with automation.

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2021 #6

Oh yes, We don't concern ourselves with restricting visibility. That throws in complexity for sure. And for us the deal is really the most consequential for assignment. The people and orgs although it's nice when the CSR's change assignment to themselves as managing the account it's not all that critical for us. 

• Sean
    Sean Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment

Hey @jams - is this still a challenge for you? Building a Pipedrive App for this use case and if it's still a challenge I think it may help. Let me know!

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,052 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer

Hi @jams , we are coming out with a feature to address this! Have a look here.

This discussion has been closed.