Run one time Workflow automation

Options
Brad Krause_13404
Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 373
5 Up Votes First Comment
edited April 24 in Workflow Automation #1

Is there a way to create a workflow automation and run it immediately? I am looking to batch duplicate many deals to prepare renewals for next season. Can I create a workflow that will duplicate those deals and run it?

Comments

• Pawel Ostrowski
    Pawel Ostrowski Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited July 2021 #2
    Options

Hi Brad, hope you are doing well.

If you are looking for someone to do this for you, feel free to book a call here: https://calendly.com/softwaresupp/software-consultation or post your project at https://softwaresupp.com/ 

• Bobby_37242
    Bobby_37242 Member Posts: 23
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Hey Brad,

Unfortunately, I'd say Pipedrive's Workflow Automation doesn't cut it for this type of scenario in my experience.

I would recommend using an external api automation service for this. You might be able to get away with the free plan on most platforms. I use integromat.com often for lightweight stuff like this on Pipedrive.

In just 2 steps, The basic idea here would be to use an API workflow on a platform of your choice to hit the specific deals you want something done with (like duplicating them).

1. Target correct deals
    Get some kind of custom field on the deals you want to duplicate. If this doesn't already exist use pipeline list view to bulk update these fields for preparation to batch duplicate. For example, make a custom field called "needs duplicate", then make a separate filter on the list view for showing all that are yes, no, or blank.

OR

If the deal created date is a good system field that you can go by after 1 year or a specific time that would mean it needs to be duplicated, we can use that also depending on your exact use case.

Depending on the exact parameters for why a deal would need to be duplicated for renewals per season there may be more ways to automate targeting these deals. Like your custom field could be "Season" if you just always get the old seasons to duplicate and replace that value with new seasons in the duplicates in step 2.

2. One-time run batch duplicate
    Using your external service like integromat, zapier, postman, integrately, automate.io, tray.io, etc.... use a pre-built Pipedrive API call to find those deals with the correct custom field or a Pipedrive list filter you created then use a pre-built create a new deal with variables from that previous deal and assign it to the correct contact/owner.

OR

Create your own custom API calls with variables from previous steps in any of the above-mentioned platforms to do more custom things if needed. 

Use these endpoints 
    Search Deals by custom field (the new one make) OR Find Deals by filter (Pipedrive filter by that custom field)
    AND
    Duplicate Deal (exact duplicate) OR Create New Deal (use this if you want to include edits to the duplicate)

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 373
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2021 #4
    Options
    Bobby said:

Hey Brad,

Unfortunately, I'd say Pipedrive's Workflow Automation doesn't cut it for this type of scenario in my experience.

I would recommend using an external api automation service for this. You might be able to get away with the free plan on most platforms. I use integromat.com often for lightweight stuff like this on Pipedrive.

In just 2 steps, The basic idea here would be to use an API workflow on a platform of your choice to hit the specific deals you want something done with (like duplicating them).

1. Target correct deals
    Get some kind of custom field on the deals you want to duplicate. If this doesn't already exist use pipeline list view to bulk update these fields for preparation to batch duplicate. For example, make a custom field called "needs duplicate", then make a separate filter on the list view for showing all that are yes, no, or blank.

OR

If the deal created date is a good system field that you can go by after 1 year or a specific time that would mean it needs to be duplicated, we can use that also depending on your exact use case.

Depending on the exact parameters for why a deal would need to be duplicated for renewals per season there may be more ways to automate targeting these deals. Like your custom field could be "Season" if you just always get the old seasons to duplicate and replace that value with new seasons in the duplicates in step 2.

2. One-time run batch duplicate
    Using your external service like integromat, zapier, postman, integrately, automate.io, tray.io, etc.... use a pre-built Pipedrive API call to find those deals with the correct custom field or a Pipedrive list filter you created then use a pre-built create a new deal with variables from that previous deal and assign it to the correct contact/owner.

OR

Create your own custom API calls with variables from previous steps in any of the above-mentioned platforms to do more custom things if needed. 

Use these endpoints 
    Search Deals by custom field (the new one make) OR Find Deals by filter (Pipedrive filter by that custom field)
    AND
    Duplicate Deal (exact duplicate) OR Create New Deal (use this if you want to include edits to the duplicate)

Thank you !

This discussion has been closed.