Is there a way to automate activity creation and completion?

Options
Brandon Wood_1990
Brandon Wood_1990 Member Posts: 52
First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
edited April 24 in Workflow Automation #1

I am looking for a way to automatically create an email activity and mark it complete when I send someone an email. Is this possible?

Comments

• Edie Mew
    Edie Mew Member Posts: 168
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Brandon Wood, please can I ask what the use case/reason for creating & completing an activity is in this way - the trigger being that you've already sent the email (completed the activity)? 

Thank you

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited November 2021 #3
    Options

I set up new activities  when the previous one is marked done. But I can't mark an activity as done when an email is sent. Instead, you can send an email when an activity is marked done.

• Brandon Wood_1990
    Brandon Wood_1990 Member Posts: 52
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2021 #4
    Options
    Edie Mew said:

Hi @Brandon Wood, please can I ask what the use case/reason for creating & completing an activity is in this way - the trigger being that you've already sent the email (completed the activity)? 

Thank you

Because, unlike a phone call that automatically counts as an activity in reports, with emails I need to manually add an email activity and check it done in order to have that count in my activities in my report dashboard. It is very tedious to do manually and I send a large volume of emails to customers and prospects and would like those to be counted as activities.

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited July 2021 #5
    Options
    Edie Mew said:

Thank you

You can set up a separate report for the number of emails sent and received.

This discussion has been closed.