Custom fields when adding products to a deal

Pablo Amilibia
Pablo Amilibia Member Posts: 5
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I would love to see custom fields for products displayed when adding products to a deal. As far as I know I can only modify price, quantity, taxes and discounts when adding products to a deal... But I am missing a lot of important product information in my deals (for instance, color finishes).

Answers

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited April 2022 #2

Hi @Pablo Amilibia thanks 🙏 

Could you clarify for a moment please here with some screenshots what you mean by color finishes. So I understand that inside the deal when you add the product, you'd like to be able to fill in custom fields data similar to what you do when creating a deal or contact record?

• Pablo Amilibia
    edited April 2020 #3

Could you clarify for a moment please here with some screenshots what you mean by color finishes. So I understand that inside the deal when you add the product, you'd like to be able to fill in custom fields data similar to what you do when creating a deal or contact record?

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your response. 

Please find some screenshots below and let me know if this helps. 

Thank you!

Screenshot 1 

You can see my product (Anglet Chair) with several custom fields (dimensions, weight, material...). I also added a custom field with multiple color finishes. In the case below, I chose Beige Cream RAL 1013 as an example.

Screenshot 2

When I add the Anglet chair to a deal, apart from Price, Quantity and Tax, I would also like to define the color finish in order to generate a quote with more information later on.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2022 #4

Gotcha thanks for clarifying, so ability to edit custom fields on a product when adding them to the deal. Will pass that suggestion along :) 

• Pablo Amilibia
    edited April 2020 #5

Great, thank you!

• Gustavo Lima dos Santos
    Gustavo Lima dos Santos Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #6

Hi Mike,

I'm interested in this solution too. Did you have any feedback about it?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2020 #7

@Gustavo Lima dos Santos currently there's unfortunately no plans for it. The team is working on other priorities right now. I'll however nudge them again but as of now it's not in the near term plans.

• Manuel Melic
    Manuel Melic Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2021 #8

Hi Mike,

This is a really helpful and nice feature to have. Is there any progress on this topic?

Thanks,
    Manuel

• Rafa Casado
    Rafa Casado Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022 #9

Yes, this would be a very useful feature....

When we close a deal, there is usually information that is related to the product, that need to be entered in a structured way.

For example:

• a deal has three products: apples, oranges and bananas
    • aI can specify the price for the apples, the quantity, and the discount.  But I can not specify the color.

For this example I could create variations... but in a more realistic scenary, I would like to capture info like delivery date, amount partially delivered, or things like this.

Thanks for listening

r

• Jens Bohse
    Jens Bohse Member Posts: 22
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Likes
    edited September 2023 #10

Are here any updates?

We need a performance period per product in a deal.

• FilippoPB
    FilippoPB Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

That would be immensely useful to us as well. The lack of this feature is forcing us to develop a Power App to create deals with the complete product fields we need.

Any updates on this or a confirmation that it is still not in the roadmap would help us plan around this gap.