Custom field Tags - add in dialog?

Scott Kay
Scott Kay Member Posts: 6
First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
edited July 2022 in Business Talk #1

I use Pipedrive for customer management as well as sales.

I used to have multiple fields, but now find a Custom Field called Tags useful.

My question: Can I allow people to add additional tags (doesn't seem like you can).

I know you can do this with Loss Reason - is there any other workarounds/way I could do this with tags (that has multiple options?)
Thanks!

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,519
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2022 #2

Create a custom field that can take multiple choices, instead of a single choice.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited April 2022 #3

Hi @Scott Kay you can indeed set up a multiple option field, but then an Admin user still has to set up the options in advance. The only way to have users free form enter options is to have a user "text" or "autocomplete" type of custom field.

You can then still use filters to filter out data that "contains" a specific keyword you're looking for. But since it's freeform there's also more chances for your team to cause data inconsistency if they use a different naming convention.

• Scott Kay
    Scott Kay Member Posts: 6
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited April 2022 #4

Hi Mike

Thanks very much.
    I'm the main user for pipedrive (i.e. my staff are outsourced so don't have the direct contact with the client)

So for my usage, I think I'll have a Tags (multiple option) - which has all my preset tags. 
    THen Also a Tags Text field where I can enter keywords - for filtering.

I also have a key info field as well - where I put any key info that you'd usually have as a pinned note.