Default fields created by contact sync

Bernd Auer
Bernd Auer Member Posts: 344
First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

When you start the contact synchronisation, fields are automatically created. For example, birthday, instant messenger or postal address.

For various reasons, these fields often make no sense in the CRM and are just confusing.  You can't remove them yourself and according to the support team, the colleagues from the technical department can't either.

Hence my wish:

1. As an admin, you can delete these fields like user-defined fields.
  2. You can deactivate this contact sync at company level. It does more harm than good.
6 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Steffen Hepp
    Steffen Hepp Member Posts: 34
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited March 2022 #2

this would be a great function - please make it possible to delete or un-select, deactivate these fields. It makes no sense to have the instant messager field visible all the time - or birthday? 

Please, Pipedrive help!

• Gerhard Grosse
    Gerhard Grosse Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2022 #3

hey, me too. i could not imagine why it is not possible to put this fields away. Think on the amount of users which are not happy with this situation

Pipedrive, go on. A simple step for you - a big step for the world....

• Heinrich Piermeier
    Heinrich Piermeier Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2022 #4

Please do this!!

• Bernd Auer
    edited March 2022 #5

@Inês Batata , do you know if anyone at Pipedrive has this on his list? I am receiving questions regarding these fields twice a week. And it hurts saying that they can not be removed, even by the support.

• Steffen Hepp
    edited March 2022 #6

@Inês Batata , do you know if anyone at Pipedrive has this on his list? I am receiving questions regarding these fields twice a week. And it hurts saying that they can not be removed, even by the support.

this would be so great - it would just "clean" up the contact view so much... 

• Bernd Auer

@Steffen Hepp wenn das für Dich noch wichtig ist, könntest Du das jetzt upvoten :-) aja, und @Gerhard Grosse

• Steffen Hepp

Still - after some time (years) this feature would be great and help admins a lot.

• Josh Buesking
    Josh Buesking Member Posts: 173
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes

Would love to see these go away. Contact Sync is to buggy and quit using it, In no way would I need their instant messenger or birthday in my crm.

• SBNYC
    SBNYC Member Posts: 3
    5 Likes Photogenic First Comment

Just now experiencing this issue. Now have two different fields for Job Title, two for address, birthday?!?, and instant messenger on all of our People cards, with no way to remove them. Very goofy bug.

• JASR
    JASR Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

At the very least, the sync should come with a setup to switch on or off, specific fields that will be included in the sync. Given how varied contact managers are in their syntax and organization of fields, I can’t see how this got missed. More troublesome is the lack of administrative recognition here - only a few upvotes, and several comments couldn’t begin to express how bad this could be for customer admins. Why isn’t Pipedrive participating in this thread?