Link my own form to LeadBooster Web Form script

Daniel_29404
Daniel_29404 Member Posts: 9
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Has anyone tried linking a custom form to the LeadBooster Web Form script? For both style and data reasons I want to use my own forms on my website and submit the data via the LeadBooster Web Form script (e.g. I might combine two or three data fields from my form to be submitted as the "message").

Looks like if I create form fields with the appropriate ID (copied from viewing a real leadbooster web form I have already created) and link my own submit button to the same script I should hopefully be okay? ...  before I start down a road of testing this, if anyone has tried and has lessons learned I'd be keen to hear (thanks in advance!).

Comments

• KurtJ
    KurtJ Member Posts: 45
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2

Is the end result you want that you can use your own form and have the data create a lead or deal?

• Daniel_29404
    edited September 2021 #3

Is the end result you want that you can use your own form and have the data create a lead or deal?

Hi Kurt - exactly that yes, and I want a new lead to appear in the Leads section as having been created by a Web Form. This would, for example, allow me to have some processing/screening on the form (e.g. check for valid email address before accepting submission) and also build the notes that get added (e.g. adding the webpage the form was called from).

I can of course create a lead using my own form and Zapier (which generally needs a direct API call as Zapier's abilities to work with Pipedrive leads is still limited). However that shows as being created by an API in the Leads view, whereas I want it to show as being created by the Web Form in the source column to help distinguish where it comes from. Now I can of course add a custom field for the source and populate that separately and change the view, but sooner or later we're straying further away from using the existing capabilities of LeadBooster, and there quickly becomes a point where it makes more sense to not pay for LeadBooster as you're working around it, not with it.

• KurtJ
    KurtJ Member Posts: 45
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2021 #4

Hi Daniel, yes the lead source field in leads is read only. Your only other option is to create a custom field, which should work quite well.

Currently, we are developing a forms parser to work with leads, deals and persons. It should work with pretty much any forms handler but has been designed for our own use of Contact Form 7 in Wordpress.  It can:

• push data to any writable field, in a lead, deal or person (including custom fields)
    • use logic around whether to create a new record or append a record that already exists. This can be determined form by form. So, you may create a new lead, then check for a related contact/org and either create or update as needed
    • can record which page on a website the lead came from
    • can perform some (basic) lead routing

We are still a few weeks away but I'd be happy to get you involved when wider testing time comes around.

If there is anything else you would like it to do, let me know.

Cheers

Kurt

• Daniel_29404
    edited September 2021 #5

Thanks Kurt. That's why I was looking to leverage use their code (but have more control over what I send to their code via my own form). Worst case I can use PHP or javascript to complete and submit a dummy form but that is far from elegant.

If I go down the route of not using the LeadBooster code, I currently have a WordPress Fluent Forms solution working via Zapier that that is looking good in testing (heavily tailored to my specific needs however so not a solution like yours that could have a wider appeal).