Pipedrive Automation Reliability

Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
edited September 2023 in Sales CRM #1

I have multiple automation workflows set up to create the next activity when the previous activity is marked done. Many times the next activity is not created even if it should have. There is no automation log like Zapier to look into why something worked or didn't. Because of this erratic behaviour and the lack of logs to investigate, it is a little difficult to set up a fool-proof sales process.

May I ask if anything is being done to address these issues?

Answers

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2

Hello Amit! 

Thank you for the feedback about Workflow automations. Indeed currently we do not have a task history visible for the user. However, our Support agents can have a bit better visibility and see when the automation got triggered. Also, they can check with specific examples why on one or another occasion the automation did not trigger correctly. 

As to better logs and task history, I will surely forward this to the product team so in the future we can include more transparency in this feature.

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    edited September 2021 #3
    Kreete K said:

Hello Amit! 

Thank you for the feedback about Workflow automations. Indeed currently we do not have a task history visible for the user. However, our Support agents can have a bit better visibility and see when the automation got triggered. Also, they can check with specific examples why on one or another occasion the automation did not trigger correctly. 

As to better logs and task history, I will surely forward this to the product team so in the future we can include more transparency in this feature.

Hi @Kreete K - There are a number of instances when this doesn't work. I can share this with Support, but it is time-consuming. For instance, I have an automation set up to create a new activity as soon as the deal is assigned to a salesperson. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If the automation is reliable and works 100% of the time, I wouldn't bother. But now, because it doesn't work 100% of the time, we are now finding a solution to efficiently debug this situation, which in this case is almost like treating the symptoms and not addressing the issue that's causing this.

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2021 #4
    Kreete K said:

Hello Amit! 

We would still appreciate you share this with our Support Agents. Checking the specific cases will help us also identify if there is an ongoing issue and pattern to it. Or maybe the agents can find a way to specify the said workflow to correspond trigger. So there are account-specific things we should check. We do not have an ongoing issue with Workflows not triggering currently.

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    edited September 2021 #5
    Kreete K said:

Hello Amit! 

I have shared 3 examples with Support just now. Hopefully it is resolved.

I have linked the specific deals, and specified the name of the automation that should have been triggered but hasn't.