Feature Request/Correction: Do not leak all calendar information when connected to Pipedrive

Hi All,

I noticed that all my calendar events are disclosed to all users when connected to Pipedrive. Actually all users' calendars are visible to all users when synced to Pipedrive.

This  disclose information under access restriction.

And from what I notice with colleagues, most users do not even noticed that all their agenda is disclosed to all. Normal, to notice, you need to be someone else (or to see as someone else)

Please do something.

In addition to the hidden danger, it leads most people to disconnect their calendar to Pipedrive, hence to lose the useful feature to have sales activities connected with everyone's everyday life.

Thank you

-- Laurent

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Thomas Møller Jensen
    edited February 25 #2

Same problem here. Posted this, requesting only to sync calendar items with a specific category (Outlook/Office365). Gmail do not use catagories, but Labels, wich is almost the same, so i think this is the best way to solve our problem. So please upvote and 2nd with a comment :-)

Regards/Mvh

Thomas 

• Laurent CHARLES
    Laurent CHARLES Posts: 6
    edited October 2021 #3

Same problem here. Posted this, requesting only to sync calendar items with a specific category (Outlook/Office365). Gmail do not use catagories, but Labels, wich is almost the same, so i think this is the best way to solve our problem. So please upvote and 2nd with a comment :-)

Regards/Mvh

Thomas 

Thanks Thomas for your reply and support.

I'd love to read Pipedrive point of view regarding this. It seems strange to me that they let it that way.

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Moderator Posts: 232 PIPEDRIVE CUSTOMER SUPPORT
    100 Comments 5 Answers Second Anniversary 5 Likes
    edited February 25 #4

Hi Laurent! 

Indeed, at the moment Pipedrive Calendar sync does sync in all activities from the selected Calendar. In this case we suggest to separate Calendars on the provider side and only sync in one, that is ok to be shared in Pipedrive (for example separate Private and Work or similar). 
    Activity visibility in Pipedrive is related to the linked item (Contact Person / Organization / Deal). If it is linked to one of these items that is restricted for you, then you are not able to see it. But indeed, this can only work hiding from Regular Users. 
    Our team is also investigating ways to improve the Calendar sync and especially the privacy part of it in the future. I do not have any ETA on that, but indeed we are seeing different options on that. 

• Laurent CHARLES
    Laurent CHARLES Posts: 6
    edited October 2021 #5
    Kreete K said:

Hi Laurent! 

Indeed, at the moment Pipedrive Calendar sync does sync in all activities from the selected Calendar. In this case we suggest to separate Calendars on the provider side and only sync in one, that is ok to be shared in Pipedrive (for example separate Private and Work or similar). 
    Activity visibility in Pipedrive is related to the linked item (Contact Person / Organization / Deal). If it is linked to one of these items that is restricted for you, then you are not able to see it. But indeed, this can only work hiding from Regular Users. 
    Our team is also investigating ways to improve the Calendar sync and especially the privacy part of it in the future. I do not have any ETA on that, but indeed we are seeing different options on that. 

Wow... your are telling me somehow "to have a useful calendar, do you not use your calendar..." ? 🤔

And if I may suggest, in my opinion, I would prefer to have a 100% private/hidden/closed calendar in pipedrive and have a workaround to open/share it rather than the current default.

• Jenn Anderson-Logas
    edited November 2021 #6

I've requested similar - for items marked as Private, to be excluded from the Calendar Sync. I have to keep these items on my calendar to prevent a client from scheduling time with me during that time. The idea that I could keep these "Private Appointments" on another calendar isn't effective. Also, not helpful to name all Private Appts as Private or have a bunch of duplicates where I see all of my calendars in one place such as my iPhone.

• Thomas Møller Jensen
    edited October 2021 #7

Regards/Mvh

Thomas 

Agree. I have posted similar issues with email and contact sync, and even suggest how they could solve it. Pleae support

https://community.pipedrive.com/post/sync-outlook-office-com-email-calendar-contacts-based-on-category-60c31cd15b60dd4a100e2fd7