Project managment

Anything here? Being able to copy a deal to a project would be awsome. I know i know; Asana and all the others. But one tool (just add on the price) is better if you ask me. One place to login, one browser etc.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,290 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited April 29 #2

@Jøran Nohr thanks for sharing. What type of functionality are you looking for when it comes to Project management? 

I know some of our users have a special Pipeline for it where they do this in. I know it's not perfect so therefore I'm curious what you'd like to be able to do after you win a deal.

• Jøran Nohr_2336
    Jøran Nohr_2336 Posts: 34
    edited February 24 #3

As far i as I have understood adding multiple pipelines they would add to the sales reports? 

Anyway, features we would like to have is, among others and not 100% thought through would be

• Milestone dates
    • Payment plans
    • Scheduling (manpower and delivery scheduling)
    • Prioritzation
    • Send project to out differenct employees to do the job
    • Setting different stages/statuses for progress
    • Map view of projects
    • File sharing
    • Custom fields

Among others :) 

I just saw somebody saying that creating a custom folder i Gsuite to collect files would be nice. Thats true! 
    Also being able to create docs based on DOCUMENT BETA Functionality (but for Sheets not Docs) would be awsome.

• Bert Calatz
    Bert Calatz Community Driver Posts: 79
    10 Comments Community Driver
    edited April 2020 #4

As far i as I have understood adding multiple pipelines they would add to the sales reports? 

Anyway, features we would like to have is, among others and not 100% thought through would be

• Milestone dates
    • Payment plans
    • Scheduling (manpower and delivery scheduling)
    • Prioritzation
    • Send project to out differenct employees to do the job
    • Setting different stages/statuses for progress
    • Map view of projects
    • File sharing
    • Custom fields

Among others :) 

I just saw somebody saying that creating a custom folder i Gsuite to collect files would be nice. Thats true! 
    Also being able to create docs based on DOCUMENT BETA Functionality (but for Sheets not Docs) would be awsome.

Hi @Jøran Nohr 

With some imagination, almost all of these points can be realized within pipedrive. Especially if you also work with the G-Suite integration. 

Map view, I assume you are referring to some kind of Gantt chart, could be a showstopper imo.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 29 #5

Thanks for sharing @Jøran Nohr as Bert mentions there a many workarounds and integrations that can be done how our users still manage their projects in Pipedrive. 

I'll pass your ideas along but I know that this is definitely not something we'll get to anytime soon if we will be going there at all. For now my best suggestion would be to ask others how they are doing it and see if the workaround works of to still integrate with other tools that do what you want them to when it comes to Project Management.

Thanks for sharing!

• Janne Pitkänen
    Janne Pitkänen Posts: 2
    edited February 4 #6

I just created a dedicated pipeline for projects and it works fine for simple project management and keeping email communication in one place.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to create a copy of a deal (to be able to mark the deal as won) and still retain all the notes and communication in the copy as well (to serve project management when moved to the project pipeline)?

Merging the "deal deal" to "project deal" would work out by retaining all the notes and mails, but it will delete the original deal and then not counting into won deals anymore...  Any ideas?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 4 #7

@Jøran Nohr 

And everyone else interested in Project management who's reading this. We're starting the research phase for Project management in Pipedrive now. In case you are excited to contribute and help shape this part of Pipedrive then please join the channel here and introduce yourself there 🚀🚀.