Help with deals where customer buys many products over time

Chris G
Chris G Member Posts: 5
First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Has anyone figured out how to setup a deal where a customer might buy x products per month or per quarter, over an extended period of time?  It seems like revenue for a deal is all expected to happen at once, at the "win" date, but I have deals where the revenue will happen over many years.  Thanks for any hints on how to do this!

Tagged:

Comments

• XF Growingup.zone
    XF Growingup.zone Member Posts: 30
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2

Hello, Chris

I don't know exactly this feature but recently there is an option in Pipedrive that tries to improve recurring revenue management.

I pass you screenshot.

• Chris G
    edited April 2020 #3

Hello, Chris

I don't know exactly this feature but recently there is an option in Pipedrive that tries to improve recurring revenue management.

I pass you screenshot.

Thanks Xavier.  I saw that feature but I don't think it really works for me.  I am looking for something that is tied into "Products".  The deal structure is that when I "WIN" the deal the customer will buy X products in 2020 and then Y products in 2021 and then Z products in 2022, etc.  I want to find a way to show this revenue profile over multiple quarters or multiple years.

• XF Growingup.zone
    First Comment
    edited April 2020 #4

Hello, Chris

I pass you screenshot.

I think this forces you to enter 3 different agreements with different characteristics (closing date, products, amount) and identify the offer number in the title or in some field of the deal file.

If from Pipedrive they don't tell us something different, of course.  I suppose there are other alternatives.

It is not an easy mechanic of you process!

• Chris G
    edited April 2020 #5

Hello, Chris

I pass you screenshot.

Yes...I thought of that solution but it's really inefficient and will create a mess of my database I fear.  If I want to track quarterly revenue for 2-3 years then I would have to create 8-12 deals for a single deal!  Anyway, it doesn't look like this tool is very good for detailed management of product and revenue forecasting....

• XF Growingup.zone
    First Comment
    edited April 2020 #6

Hello, Chris

I pass you screenshot.

I think that in your case you can investigate different options related to your billing software, where perhaps it would be more appropriate to do this type of analysis.

• Chris G
    edited April 2020 #7

Hello, Chris

I pass you screenshot.

agreed.  thanks for your comments!