Request: Adding categories to custom fields

I would like to be able to have categories for custom fields. For instance, I create a custom field called "Social Media" and I want to have a list of categories: "LinkedIn; Facebook; Twitter, Instagram;etc."

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Adina Faiman
    Adina Faiman Posts: 17
    Second Anniversary Photogenic
    edited April 29 #2

Have you tried the single-option/multiple option field? This is what I used to segment channels for the incoming leads.

• Nicolas du Manoir
    Nicolas du Manoir Posts: 13
    edited February 24 #3

Thank you Adina. But this is not exactly the same because you still have 1 value for 1 field. What I need is exactly the same as what you by default have for Phone. You can have multiple values with different categories.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,376 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments 25 Likes Second Anniversary First Answer
    edited April 2020 #4

Thank you Adina. But this is not exactly the same because you still have 1 value for 1 field. What I need is exactly the same as what you by default have for Phone. You can have multiple values with different categories.

@Nicolas du Manoir with the multiple option field as @Adina Faiman suggested you can have multiple values in one field, would that work?

• Nicolas du Manoir
    Nicolas du Manoir Posts: 13
    edited April 29 #5

HI Mike, thank you for jumping in. No multiple option field is not the same as one field with categories.  Again what I need is precisely the same thing as for the field Phone. One value in this field will have the category Work when another value will have the category Mobile.