Need to add option filter persons with cell phone.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,386 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited April 29 #2

Hi @bryan garcia on the mobile app on the contact view you should have a filter/funnel icon on the top corner of the screen so you can use the filters you've set up on the desktop app. Could you see if this works for you?

Join our sales Community. Connect with other Pipedrive users and sales professionals around the world to share stories, sales tips and product knowledge.
  • bryan garcia
    bryan garcia Posts: 9
    edited February 24 #3

I have set filters on my desktop already. But the only filter I can find says to show a customer where the phone number is NOT empty. But I couldn't find one that says only show those who specifcially have a number that is a cell phone. I logged in with the IT guys and they said it can't be done and so I should put that comment here.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #4

I have set filters on my desktop already. But the only filter I can find says to show a customer where the phone number is NOT empty. But I couldn't find one that says only show those who specifcially have a number that is a cell phone. I logged in with the IT guys and they said it can't be done and so I should put that comment here.

Thanks for sharing @bryan garcia I've passed on your suggestion to our team. So you'd like to be able to create a filter that filters out all your contact people that have a mobile phone nr filled in their profile?

• bryan garcia
    edited April 2020 #5

yes, I want to text them from my phone and would like to see only those who I have a cell number for.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #6

Gotcha, unfortunately we can't filter specifically on the labels in the default phone field. In this case what you could do is create a custom phone field where you only store mobile phone nr's and build a filter on that.

• bryan garcia
    edited April 2020 #7

but, will that custom field transfer to my native phone contacts and that sounds like a lot of time for me to move all those numbers over.

• bryan garcia
    edited April 2020 #8

also, I have issues with filtes not working on my phone when it shows the "recent" drop down as a option.

• Alar Kirikal
    Alar Kirikal Posts: 3
    First Comment Pipedrive Employee
    edited April 2020 #9

If you have created this filter for People, then choose "People" folder and then filter the results using the filter icon above.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #10

@bryan garcia unfortunately it won't natively sync to mobile contacts from the custom field and the only way to move over existing nr's to the the new custom field is either manually or via an export and import.

I agree, definitely not ideal but it will give you the option to filter for it afterwards. You can then still click on the phone nr. from the custom field. Hope it helps although not perfectly right now.

• bryan garcia
    edited April 2020 #11

@Alar Kirikal I know how to use the filters. There just isn't an option to  filter by mobile phone.

Thanks for helping.