Time tracking tools research 🤓⏱

Mike van der Valk
Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,389 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
edited July 17 in Project Management #1

Do you have a need to track the specific time you spend working on certain tasks and projects?

I'm doing a little research to understand the need for a potential integration with time tracking tools like Toggle Track, Harvest, etc..

1. Do you have a need for time tracking in Pipedrive?
  2. Why?
  3. Would you use it for after-sales project delivery (new projects area) or also for Sales deals and perhaps other stages in your workflow?

Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to becoming a little wiser from you all 😇🙏🏻

Comments

• Simon Beck
    Simon Beck Posts: 5
    Second Anniversary Photogenic
    edited November 2021 #2

The integration of a time sheet tool would be great! I have been looking for a suitable application for quite some time. Currently, we help ourselves in practice with the recording in a deal-specific Google sheet, which we have created individually for each project via Zapier. Maintenance is laborious and could be significantly improved.

• Tõnis Laasik
    Tõnis Laasik Posts: 6
    edited November 2021 #3

W would use time-tracking for after-sales delivery project, but it is more nice-to-have type feature: in most cases work hours for delivery are already agreed in sales. 

But there are cases when delivery is based on time-and-materials. In that cases it's good to have some easy way to start-stop time measurement in phone.

• Jörgen Sjöstrand_231
    edited November 2021 #4

Yes most definitely good to have. 

Bot to know how much time is spent on sales in total, but also how much time is spent on specific opportunities. It's quite common to over-invest time in low probability/profitability -customers. 

But such integrations often become complex, how do you track time? When you have a specific page open and are active with mouse/keyboard?   Add to that the length of booked meetings that are set to done?

• Noel Werner
    Noel Werner Posts: 4
    edited November 2021 #5

I like the idea of time tracking but this is a feature that I would not look for in Pipedrive. Timeular is a recent app that I have started using that is quite functional for daily task tracking. 

• jams
    jams Posts: 21
    Second Anniversary Photogenic
    edited December 2021 #6

Time tracking is important, but I don't think it's a feature that Pipedrive needs to worry about developing. Tools that you mentioned like Toggl & Harvest, as well as Clockify, TrackingTime, TSheets (there are many) all have Chrome extensions that can integrate with Pipedrive. 

We use Toggl and the way it integrates with project management apps is great. It puts a timer button inside the task window so you can track time without leaving your PM tool. We only use Toggl since it has a generous free tier, but we have also tried Clockify and TrackingTime. I think it's a great idea for Pipedrive to pursue integrations with the top 3 or so apps in the time tracking space. 

Maybe you could post a poll in the main feed with a list and see which ones are most popular? 

• Laurie_58144
    Laurie_58144 Posts: 18
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited January 3 #7

I after sales project- I would love some time tracking based off of custom fields. Part of my job is to track the production and shipping time for oversea orders.  Having a more accurate way of tracking time as our production time can be over a couple of months and different stages have different times that are triggers for actions.  I would also love to see time tracking as an insight so I can see what production time is trending.  

Anyways, tracking time would be very nice. 

1.  from date of order to date of shipment, 
    2. date of shipment to date of delivery
    3. How long is shipment in customs
  • Richard Meier-Sydow
    edited February 2 #8

I don't expect to have a time tracker in Pipedrive. Workday is too fragmented for that. However I would love to have a calender synced with Outlook that shows which project hours or days have been billed already and which ones have not. Till now I have established a workaround with additional activity types: "to be billed" / "already billed" / "already billed and paid in advance"

• Richard Meier-Sydow
    edited February 2 #9

I don't expect to have a time tracker in Pipedrive. Workday is too fragmented for that. However I would love to have a calender synced with Outlook that shows which project hours or days have been billed already and which ones have not. Till now I have established a workaround with additional activity types: "to be billed" / "already billed" / "already billed and paid in advance"

• Richard Meier-Sydow
    edited February 2 #10