Google Data Studio

Menna hanafy
Menna hanafy Pipedrive Team Posts: 2 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
First Anniversary Photogenic Pipedrive Team
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hello Pipedrive Community!

I am Menna from the Pipedrive team and trying to understand some of the main struggles you have when building reports using:

• Deal and contact data
  • Product Data
  • Filter by custom fields (Contacts. products. ..etc)

We are considering building a connector with Google Data Studio to satisfy some of those needs as our internal Insights solutions continue to evolve.

Does this resonate with you? Any thoughts you’d like to share? 😊📈

Comments

• Steffen Hepp
    Steffen Hepp Member Posts: 34
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited November 2021 #2

would be a nice Idea

• Mindy Rogers
    Mindy Rogers Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2021 #3

Would definitely help to have the functionality and this would be a decent workaround.  However, I'd much rather have it within Pipedrive rather than having to learn a new data analytics software.  But better than nothing!

• Davion Lawrence
    Davion Lawrence Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2021 #4

It's great idea for someone like me who is already experienced using data studio.  I do agree that Pipedrive is lacking in the report building section. There is no reporting for the leads folder as far as I know. 

• Caio Hohlenwerger_44896
    Caio Hohlenwerger_44896 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2021 #5

Perfect news for a friday! 

• Mike Partington
    Mike Partington Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2021 #6

We are literally crying out for better reporting in Pipedrive so this would help massively!

• Michael Newton_30936
    Michael Newton_30936 Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited November 2021 #7

Yes yes yes!!

Please reach out if you need beta testers

• Komal Dadlani
    Komal Dadlani Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2021 #8

We struggle a lot with reporting on Pipedrive 

lt should be easy to report retention, churn, conversion rate per period but it’s not. 

we use google data studio and Google sheets so if exporting the data can be easy or visualizing it on pipedrive can be easy we would appreciate it 

• Prasad Lingawar
    Prasad Lingawar Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2022 #9

Pipedrive is missing the reporting capability big time, this will solve that problem. Really looking forward for this. 

• Akos Szilvasi
    Akos Szilvasi Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #10

Hi Menna,

Great initiative. I am sure a connector with Google Data Studio would help visualize our numbers and performance better.

Some struggles we have with your reports today:

- I recall that conversion and deal velocity from one sales stage to the other can only be accurately reported for closed deals. Assume you work with long sales cycles, and deals may not be closed in the next 12-18 months. Any initiatives to improve the above two metrics will have an impact close to today. Yet, it will only be shown in the reports when the deal gets closed. Maybe 12-18 months from today.

- I also remember that Pipedrive does not allow proper reporting/filter of revenue from specific products assigned to a deal. Hence, it is not possible to get a good overview of the sales performance of certain products.

- We cannot build filters to list all participants assigned to a specific deal. Whenever we select a deal property in filters, it will output the primary contacts only. It is a major obstacle to building effective mailing campaigns with Pipedrive.

- Finally, it'd be good to be able to report the then-current value of certain key results or fields on a specific day. I.e., to answer questions like the sum of the value of all deals in a certain stage on a particular day and which deals were included?

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

• Raven Beale
    Raven Beale Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #11

This would be fantastic! Product data would be the main thing - hard to review anything without this. 

• Joe Garbarczyk_58924
    Joe Garbarczyk_58924 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #12

YES YES YES. This would be very beneficial and would fit in nicely with my other dashboards that I have with Data Studio.

• Amelia Chubb
    Amelia Chubb Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #13

Yes please! Very much like to echo everyone else's comments in that this would be a great asset for Pipedrive (along with custom reports and forecasting for advanced members). As an SME reporting and forecasting is so important to help us grow into the MME space. Unfortunately, we are caught between the memberships as the next upgrade from Advanced to Professional is a significant step. Having access to these features at advanced would help support a decision to move onto the next plan proactively because the budget allows as opposed to 'we are unable to get full benefits'. Currently, Pipedrive does not grow with a company because it prevents full access to features which encourages and makes it easier for alternative systems to be sourced. Providing full access to features makes it harder to leave a system when you know it provides everything you need. Thanks PD!

• Jazmin Poyser
    Jazmin Poyser Member Posts: 21
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #14

We use integromat, google sheets & GDS to get the analytics we need. To have GDS integrated with Pipedrive would be highly beneficial for us.

Throwing this out there as well - we use integromat to send data from Pipedrive to AirTable, our database, and now with the new AirTable Interfaces feature (game-changer if you haven't seen it yet), we have dashboard/data vis with all our AirTable data that includes Pipedrive data.  

If Pipedrive was to have integration with AirTable that would be pretty powerful no doubt for Pipedrivers using this stack/combo, or even provide a great option for Pipedrive users who aren't yet using a database yet.. or for those who find GDS too complicated and don't have in-house data-vis experts.

• Georg Weber
    Georg Weber Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #15

Adding contacts as a property to report on would help a lot! 

• Martin Pecha_2338
    Martin Pecha_2338 Member Posts: 146
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #16

This would be good, but there are some challenges:

I personally use ETL (Keboola) to extract data from pipedrive, transfrom them, and then put them into google data studio. 

I think the most important thing is to give users the ability to choose and group/merge data (since you have multiple data sets - persons, deals, organizations, leads, activities..) based on IDs before sending it to the google data studio, where it is not so user-friendly to merge the data before visualization.

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 848
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited February 2022 #17

A GDS connector would be very useful! 

• Mohammad
    Mohammad Posts: 7
    Pipedrive Team
    edited November 2021 #18

I personally use ETL (Keboola) to extract data from pipedrive, transfrom them, and then put them into google data studio. 

I think the most important thing is to give users the ability to choose and group/merge data (since you have multiple data sets - persons, deals, organizations, leads, activities..) based on IDs before sending it to the google data studio, where it is not so user-friendly to merge the data before visualization.

Hi Martin,

Are you open to an interview call to learn more about your needs on this topic?

If that is ok I'll send you an email.

Cheers,

• Mohammad
    Pipedrive Team
    edited November 2021 #19

Hi Martin,

Cheers,

• Mohammad
    Pipedrive Team
    edited November 2021 #20

Hi Martin,

Cheers,

• Maria Lasprilla
    Maria Lasprilla Posts: 2 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited November 2021 #21

Hi Martin

Would you be OK if we had a call to learn more about this needs? We'd send you an email with the details if you agree.

Maria

• Graham Cox
    Graham Cox Member Posts: 155
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited December 2021 #22

Yes, I'd definitely like a GDS integration please. It would be incredibly useful for reporting purposes.

• Prasad Lingawar
    Prasad Lingawar Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2022 #23

@Menna Hanafy any updates on this?

• Mohammad
    Pipedrive Team
    edited April 2022 #24

Hi Prasad,

Unfortunately, we won't have our native GDS connector this year but you still can use other 3rd party connectors right now.

• Mohammad
    Pipedrive Team
    edited April 2022 #25

Yes, I'd definitely like a GDS integration please. It would be incredibly useful for reporting purposes.

Hi Prasad,

Unfortunately, we won't have our native GDS connector this year but you still can use other 3rd party connectors right now.

• Mohammad
    Pipedrive Team
    edited April 2022 #26

Hi Prasad,

• Menna hanafy
    Menna hanafy Pipedrive Team Posts: 2 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary Photogenic Pipedrive Team
    edited April 2022 #27

Hi Prasad,

• Amanda Witz
    Amanda Witz Member Posts: 10
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited April 2022 #28

100% agree with what others are saying. I would love any connection point to get to the data directly instead of just exporting. I like the idea of connecting to Google Data Studio as this is a free software I already have. I have two other data sources & I am trying to get them all to map to any dashboarding software. Any help from others in this thread would be helpful. I like the insights but you can't do this on all data such as contacts/companies. I have some big plans for how else to use pipedrive besides a CRM.

• Pablo Data
    Pablo Data Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment

Hi, any update on this topic?

• Gintegrator
    Gintegrator Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic

I'm interesting also are any updates on this topic?