Pipedrive Caller: Feedback on usage, Insights, Reporting

Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,540
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes

The support staff in the team are calling customers on behalf of the deal owners using Pipedrive Caller. The call log says who called the customer, but the activity is still assigned to the person who the outstanding was assigned to. There is no option to edit this call log and assign it to the person who made the call, except by creating a list view of these calls. This is now resulting in the team raising concerns about measuring sales efforts since the efforts are not logged against the person who took the efforts.

There is no option to get insights from Pipedrive Caller data either.

Would really appreciate some major improvements to the Pipedrive Caller functionality to see better adoption of the Pipedrive Caller feature.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    edited February 2022 #2

Also, in the API documentation, there is no option to pull call logs for a particular user, even if I am using an API token generated by the admin account.

edited February 2022 #3

@Manuel Oliveira can you connect me to the product manager for the caller please?

• Vincent Jyrwa
    Vincent Jyrwa Pipedrive Team Posts: 227 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2021 #4

@Manuel Oliveira can you connect me to the product manager for the caller please?

Hi @Amit Sarda  Hope you're well. I'm now responsible for the Caller. :)  
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll respond to your comments/questions below: 

"There is no option to edit this call log and assign it to the person who made the call, except by creating a list view of these calls."
    - Are you referring to this view where call activities are not editable? (In crude terms, the three dots are missing on call activities). See screenshot for example -> https://sharing.pipedrive.com/gPA5iF 
    If so, yes we are aware of this and we will fix it. I can't give an ETA but hopefully soon. Please let me know if there's something else you were referring to.  

"There is no option to get insights from Pipedrive Caller data either."
    - Yes, this is planned for next year (possibly by Q2). At the moment we're thinking of adding call duration and call outcomes into Insights. We haven't started the research yet though but definitely in the plans. 

Hope my answers gave some clarity. Please let me know what you think. 

edited November 2021 #5

In the meantime, can you allow APIs to pull call logs for a specific user?

If these additions are going to take so much time, I would like to have a workaround using APIs in the meantime.

Thank you for taking the time out to respond in detail. :)

edited November 2021 #6

Also, in the API documentation, there is no option to pull call logs for a particular user, even if I am using an API token generated by the admin account.

I am using the CallLogs API endpoint (https://developers.pipedrive.com/docs/api/v1/CallLogs).

Using GET/v1/callLogs I can only get a list of call logs made by the person whose API token I am using. As an Admin, I should be able to query calls made by other users too. Is it clear?

• Vincent Jyrwa
    edited November 2021 #7

@Amit Sarda When you say "call logs" for a particular user, are you referring to getting a list of activities which were created from calls? Could you please elaborate here? Thank you. 

edited November 2021 #8

I am using the CallLogs API endpoint (https://developers.pipedrive.com/docs/api/v1/CallLogs).

Using GET/v1/callLogs I can only get a list of call logs made by the person whose API token I am using. As an Admin, I should be able to query calls made by other users too. Is it clear?

• Vincent Jyrwa
    edited November 2021 #9

Hi @Amit Sarda  Yes, it's clear. Thank you. I've discussed this with the team and the CallLogs API is meant for the user only and not intended for an admin to fetch it for their team's users. Will see how we can improve this for Admins.  

• Hi @Vincent Jyrwa and @Manuel Oliveira

I would like to back up @Amit Sarda here - the mere idea of most Sales teams is that Salespeople are not programmers. Pipedrive, being extremely user-friendly, supports this idea - you don't have to be a programmer if you're a regular user.

Enabling CallLogs for every separate user based on the personal API token leaves to us (admins) 2 options:

1. Every salesperson is a programmer, able to get their own call logs using the API (not the case at least in my team)
    2. I, as admin, need to get to every Salesperson, explain to them how to find their API token and pass it to me. For security reasons, I have disabled API tokens for regular users. If I enable them and show them where to find it - it creates potential security holes for my team. Also, it generates overhead issues for the future - any new user must provide me with their API token otherwise this won't work.

Another argument supporting CallLogs API based on User ID (like Activities) is that the Call Logs in Pipedrive are visible to the admin. So, on one hand, the Admin can see them in the front end - on another hand, there is no way he can get them through API. So, privacy can't be an argument here.

Can you please let me know if you plan to change anything and what would be the ETA?

Thank you,

• Also, to comment on why Activities can't be used instead of Call logs -

Activities don't display call outcomes, making it hard to understand - was it an engagement or was it a 'no answer'?