Custom fields for leads

Options
Sam Karim
Sam Karim Member Posts: 24
First Comment
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

I wonder if I will be able to add custom fields to the leads module from the same custom fields in the contacts or will they be separate? I don’t think there are custom fiends right now at all..

Tagged:

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

@Sam Karim we'll be working on making custom fields available there as well. Will give the team your feedback!

• Sara_7409
    Sara_7409 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Can you tell me if this has been added? Are we able to add custom fields to leads yet? Thanks

• Mike van der Valk
    edited July 2020 #4
    Options
    Sara said:

Can you tell me if this has been added? Are we able to add custom fields to leads yet? Thanks

Almost @Sara I can't 100% promise it (I'm not a developer and sometimes we have unforeseen complications developing something) but if all goes well it's still this month or beginning of the next one.

• Sara_7409
    edited July 2020 #5
    Options

Thanks @Mike van der Valk that will be such an amazing feature to have working. I look forward to when it rolls out as we wont be able to use pipedrive properly without - we're having to use deals like leads instead which isn't good business practise.

• Sara_7409
    edited July 2020 #6
    Options

So please let the developers know it's somethings that's needed. The basic fields currently in leads is not enough for most businesses. Thanks Sara

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2021 #7
    Options

Thanks for the extra comments @Sara I double checked with the team and there are some technical complications at the moment and it might take a bit longer then I originally communicated :( I've explained how important it is for your team and other Pipedrive users. They said they are keen on delivering this update and it's high on the list, it might just take a while unfortunately :( I've sorry!

• Thatcher Peskens
    Thatcher Peskens Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020 #8
    Options

Also just adding in that URL's (as a custom field) would be a hugely useful in leads.

• Peter Kesch
    Peter Kesch Member Posts: 12
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #9
    Options

Hi there,

just evaluating pipedrive and custome fields for leads are a must for us as the current available fields are not sufficient.

Thanks

• Matt Weeks_11653
    Matt Weeks_11653 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #10
    Options

Also need this feature.  New user testing the system.  So far it works very well, but this is a big hurdle for our company if we can't customize the fields in the leads portal like we can in the deals portal. 

• Mike Sukraw
    Mike Sukraw Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #11
    Options

Also in the Leads feature, when you click someone's phone number, it tries to open Zoom vs. using the built-in Pipedrive calling feature which makes Leads unusable for us.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2020 #12
    Options

Also need this feature.  New user testing the system.  So far it works very well, but this is a big hurdle for our company if we can't customize the fields in the leads portal like we can in the deals portal. 

@Matt Weeks we're still keen on launching this later in the year!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2020 #13
    Options

Also in the Leads feature, when you click someone's phone number, it tries to open Zoom vs. using the built-in Pipedrive calling feature which makes Leads unusable for us.

@Mike Sukraw I'll pass on this feedback for the team. I know integrating it with our caller is in the plans as well. 

• Scott Krause
    Scott Krause Member Posts: 9
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited September 2020 #14
    Options

@Sam Karim we'll be working on making custom fields available there as well. Will give the team your feedback!

Thanks, Mike! 

There are two things holding us back from making any use of the "Leads" section.

1. We can graduate a "Lead" to a "Deal".
    2. We require Custom Fields, due to our unique business model.

I can't think of anyone who wouldn't want the option to customize their CRM with custom fields. 

PS. You guys are doing a GREAT job with the changes lately!!   

• Erik Christensen
    Erik Christensen Member Posts: 41
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited November 2020 #15
    Options
    Sara said:

Any chance we'll see this soon?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited November 2020 #16
    Options
    Sara said:

@Erik Christensen it's still in the plans, but I can't give an ETA unfortunately we hope early next year.

• Dan Myers
    Dan Myers Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2021 #17
    Options

Any update on custom fields in leads?   I am a new user and would like to customize my lead section too.  

• Darren Wolff_16211
    Darren Wolff_16211 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2022 #18
    Options

Is there any update on this? I'd like to be able to Zapier custom fields to new leads but cal only do so with deals at the moment. Seems to be an obvious feature to implement as scrolling through new leads on the leads page would be great, but without custom fields imported (filled in from a lead survey on the marketing front end) then this makes this module redundant for me which is a shame as it slows down the workflow in calling new leads. (As I have to go out of deal and then back into a new deal etc)

• rifat.cicek
    rifat.cicek Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Me also need this feature. I am testing, but can't move on without custom fields... Any update on this?

• rifat.cicek
    rifat.cicek Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

+1! I also need that feature ... Please update!