Allow "Filter by Deal" in Mail

I need a bulk (checkbox) way to clean up mail erroneously associated with particular deals.  Doing this in the deal means multiple clicks for every message.   However, if there were a way to filter by messages associated with specific deals in Mail, this would allow you to Select All or quickly check specific messages and delete them.  

p.s.  This mess is caused primarily by Subject line based thready, which I know you mean to be a feature, but it makes a mess when you send a bunch of messages out to different prospects with the same subject line.  

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,155 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited February 24 #2

Hi @Chris Scotti  and thank you for making your use case so clear! We've made sure it reaches the team so they can consider your suggestion.

You can filter only email messages linked to deals in the email inbox, but unfortunately it's not possible to bulk-unlink them from those deals.

My suggestion, if you haven't already, would be to change your settings in Personal > Email Sync > Automatic linking to deals > Link emails manually only , as opposed to "Automatically link emails with deals".

You can learn more about the current email threading logic here , but I can also tell you that we're working on a new email sync system that uses a better threading system. I'm checking with the Product Manager if would be possible to activate it for you if you were interested in it. Would you be? Keep in mind that this will apply to all users using email sync, and that the look and feel won't change.

Let me know and I'll get back to you as soon as I hear back from the team. 🙂

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,155 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited April 2020 #3

Hi @Chris Scotti  and thank you for making your use case so clear! We've made sure it reaches the team so they can consider your suggestion.

You can filter only email messages linked to deals in the email inbox, but unfortunately it's not possible to bulk-unlink them from those deals.

My suggestion, if you haven't already, would be to change your settings in Personal > Email Sync > Automatic linking to deals > Link emails manually only , as opposed to "Automatically link emails with deals".

You can learn more about the current email threading logic here , but I can also tell you that we're working on a new email sync system that uses a better threading system. I'm checking with the Product Manager if would be possible to activate it for you if you were interested in it. Would you be? Keep in mind that this will apply to all users using email sync, and that the look and feel won't change.

Let me know and I'll get back to you as soon as I hear back from the team. 🙂

Hi @Chris Scotti ! Just a quick update to let you know I have the green light from our team to enable the new email sync for your company account, if you're interested. Let me know and we'll go from there.