Images in Pipeline and List view

Options
Joe_1462
Joe_1462 Member Posts: 23
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
edited February 29 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

Could we get the ability to add an image(s) in a field which can show up in the pipeline and list view as well as an option? This image could be a small image as a thumbnail and be linked to an image in the file area of that project.

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited April 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Joe Guliker we've gotten similar requests in the pasts but back then decided not to do it because the views would be very cluttered with different images and colours and it would be hard to focus.

However, I'd of course love to pass your feedback along to our design team, could you elaborate a little more why this would be useful for you and  why it won't be too distracting with all the images?

• Michele Aldrich_376
    Michele Aldrich_376 Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

In real estate, this would be especially helpful as an option to see a unit or condominium.  Ability to toggle it on/off with unchecking from the view would be great.

• Hans Nieto
    Hans Nieto Member Posts: 26
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited April 2022 #4
    Options

I agree with Michele, for some businesses it would be useful ... for example in my case it would be great to have a bird's eye view of each client / prospect's logos.

It is true, that some may be distracted, but others may not, which is why I agree with Michele's proposal, to allow their speaking / disabling at the user's decision.

In order to display the logos of the companies, it would be necessary to first enable that image in the photo of each company profile, something that does not exist today (I have requested this functionality in the past.)

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2022 #5
    Options

Thank you all for sharing, I've passed it along to our team as a suggested improvement :) 

• XF Growingup.zone
    XF Growingup.zone Member Posts: 30
    First Comment
    edited April 2020 #6
    Options

In real estate, this would be especially helpful as an option to see a unit or condominium.  Ability to toggle it on/off with unchecking from the view would be great.

Michele, for panoramic views it will not work, but, have you tried loading files in the products function to access faster to real information related to the property?

• Joe_1462
    Joe_1462 Member Posts: 23
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #7
    Options

This would be very useful to me because I sell stock house plans as well. The ability to see an image of the exterior of the house in the  list view along with all the other information such as, floor area, widths, depth, # of bedrooms etc... would help locate the right plan for the right client. 

I suggest that the image could be a link to an image in the files area and It could be changed from a link to an actual image depending on the user's preference. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #8
    Options
    Joe said:

This would be very useful to me because I sell stock house plans as well. The ability to see an image of the exterior of the house in the  list view along with all the other information such as, floor area, widths, depth, # of bedrooms etc... would help locate the right plan for the right client. 

I suggest that the image could be a link to an image in the files area and It could be changed from a link to an actual image depending on the user's preference. 

Thanks @Joe Guliker passing it along.

For now you could already create a custom text field for example where you save a URL that redirects you to an external image or screenshot. Not ideal but could work for now. Nonetheless, I'm passing it along :) 

• Guillaume_1141
    Guillaume_1141 Member Posts: 45
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited April 2020 #9
    Options

Can you tell me how you get to have a Pipedrive Navigation bar (with icons only) to the left of the screen ? I don't see where to switch to that king of view. My bar is on top of the page. Thanks !

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #10
    Options

@Guillaume this is something brand new and only tested with ~50 users so far. You can request to join the channel here to test it but I'm not a 100% sure if we take on new testers right this moment: https://community.pipedrive.com/group/navigation-test

• Jay Wealcatch
    Jay Wealcatch Member Posts: 55
    5 Likes Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic
    edited May 2021 #11
    Options

For us the ability to have that image on the deal page would be ideal. Like a featured image/file that displays as a thumbnail somewhere prominent.

I agree that to have images on the pipeline view it would probably be too cluttered (but if there is a choice to opt-in for it then I see no harm).

• Colin Krieg
    Colin Krieg Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #12
    Options

I'd like to second Joe's suggestions.  I'm currently using Trello and hoping to move over to Pipedrive, but the team loves how quick and easy it is to identify properties with thumbnail images. This and the inability to sort deals may be the sole reasons we don't move to Pipedrive (which sounds crazy)

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2021 #13
    Options

I'd like to second Joe's suggestions.  I'm currently using Trello and hoping to move over to Pipedrive, but the team loves how quick and easy it is to identify properties with thumbnail images. This and the inability to sort deals may be the sole reasons we don't move to Pipedrive (which sounds crazy)

Hi @Colin Krieg thanks for commenting. I've passed it on to our team.

• Kingsley Holdaway
    Kingsley Holdaway Member Posts: 17
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic
    edited May 2021 #14
    Options

Hi everyone. This is an aboslute MUST have. 

In regard to clutter, just allow it to be a selected on/off option.

• Caleb
    Caleb Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2021 #15
    Options

Must have feature.

• JaffaCake36
    JaffaCake36 Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Would be such an improvement of the product!

• hyuz
    hyuz Member Posts: 2
    Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

Its like Facebook timeline - an obvious step forward into the C21st Century. BTW many many comments in favout here but the Upvote button is broken.