How can I use automation to automatically send emails based on time since deal created?

Neil Calvert
Neil Calvert Member Posts: 6
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

Hi,

How can I set up a workflow to email prospects based on time since the deal was created? Prospects can sign up for a trial of my platform. When they do this a new deal is created in Pipedrive and I send them an intro email using workflow. I would like to extend this to send them more emails based on a schedule of number of days since the deal was created.

I've searched automation and I can't see an easy way to do this, even using a condition...

Has anyone done this? Would you be willing to share your configuration?

Thank you!

Comments

• Graham Cox
    Graham Cox Member Posts: 156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi Neil,

I just ran into the same problem.  Spoke to live chat this evening and there is a beta available of 'Delayed Actions' in Workflow automations, which from the screenshots I've seen, will do exactly what you want. Ie, send further emails in your follow up sequence at set intervals.  Just waiting for my approval, which should be a few days.  Just hop on live chat and see if they'll add you to the beta as well.

Best, Graham

• Neil Calvert
    edited December 2021 #3

Hi Neil,

I just ran into the same problem.  Spoke to live chat this evening and there is a beta available of 'Delayed Actions' in Workflow automations, which from the screenshots I've seen, will do exactly what you want. Ie, send further emails in your follow up sequence at set intervals.  Just waiting for my approval, which should be a few days.  Just hop on live chat and see if they'll add you to the beta as well.

Best, Graham

Hi Graham,

That's great! Thanks for letting me know. I will indeed pop onto the chat and see if I can get to the Beta. This is a really powerful function so it is good to see PD adding this as a capability.

Thanks for letting me know - I appreciate you taking the time to reply to me.

Cheers, Neil

• Minhaz Moosa
    Minhaz Moosa Member Posts: 43
    5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited December 2021 #4
  • Neil Calvert
    edited December 2021 #5

Hi Neil,

Best, Graham

Hi Graham - I got onto the Beta for the Delay function 😁

Thanks for letting me know about that - really appreciate it - and I look forward to helping the team confirm the capability. No doubt be in touch in the coming weeks.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas 🎄

• Graham Cox
    Graham Cox Member Posts: 156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited December 2021 #6

Hi Neil,

Best, Graham

No problem at all, glad you got approved quickly. I started playing with it last night. It's going to make it so much easier to create follow up sequences!  Merry Xmas to you too!