Is it possible to set a default activity type & default activity name?

Vincent_2543
Vincent_2543 Member Posts: 9
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi Pipedrivers,

Whenever I mark a Task as "Done", Pipedrive prompts me to schedule the next one, which is great.

However, it leaves it to me to fill in all fields.

Here are my questions:

• By default, the next activity is a Call. How do I make it a Task by default?
  • By default, the next activity has no title. How can I make it, by default,  sth like "Company Name - Contact Name"?
  • By default, the next activity takes place Today. How can I make it, by default, sth like "1 week from now"?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited July 2022 #2

Hi @Vincent 

I just replied to the other post where you also commented. Thank you as well for sharing your suggestion. I've shared it with our Product Manager in charge of the activities area in Pipedrive.

• You can already go to your activity types tab in your company settings. Here you can change the order and move the "task" type to the top.

You can also check out the workflow automation feature. If there's certain things you know will come back on every follow up activity you can create an automation that triggers when you mark a specific activity as done which creates a certain activity a week from now for example.

• Terry Bucknell
    Terry Bucknell Member Posts: 6
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited July 2022 #3

Exactly this. In my case, the next Activity is almost always an Email. For a colleague, Activities are almost always a Task (actually a series of Tasks). We end up spending a lot of time changing new Activities from the default of Phone Call, or ending up with a lot of Phone Calls that aren't really phone calls! But having only one default Activity type for an organisation isn't sufficient. Different users in different roles might want different defaults. I could change the default Activity to Email for my company, but that would annoy my Task-oriented colleague just as much!

• Larry Hill
    Larry Hill Member Posts: 6
    First Comment First Anniversary

The "Notes" field always shows first in my Activities: we never use Notes. Is there some way to make "Activity" the default (i.e. located to the far left)?

btw, I've looked at the Company settings and my customized Activity is already listed at the top of Activity Types. Notes is not even listed, and yet it shows up first/to the far left on all Contact, Account and Deal screens...