Welcome aboard, Campaigns beta testers! Let’s talk business💬

Options

Comments

• Jonas Rajanto
    Jonas Rajanto Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited March 2022 #2
    Options

Hi there, looking forward to this new feature!

We currently use ActiveCampaign (AC) for email campaigns. It would be lovely to move to a single CRM instead!

First, some context: we are a training and consultancy business. Our customer base is heterogeneous. We have approx. 1000 business contacts and approximately 11 000 other contacts, out of which approx. 8500 subscribe to our emails.

The way this works is, we run webinars and offer downloadable content that lets us identify prospects. Most, of course, don't convert at all. Some sign up for our open trainings. Some request a quotation for private training. The bulk of our business comes from this second group, but the first group feeds into the second.

To summarize: until now, AC has been our "B2C CRM". Most of our contacts either do not represent a business or do not find our trainings a fit for their needs. The ones that do represent a business and find a fit in our offering – those become our B2B prospects and we manage the sales workflow in Pipedrive.

How do we currently use Pipedrive and ActiveCampaign?

I checked out the tutorial videos (20 mins). The Campaigns tool looks good.

But what I don't see yet is how workflows can tie into contact behavior.

In AC, we currently:

1. Use web forms to find prospects (download this guide, sign up for this webinar, watch this webinar replay)
    2. Use a third-party system for open training sign-ups (Typeform -> Google Sheets -> Apps Script -> AC contact tags)
    3. Use contact tags to target later campaigns automatically using automation funnels

It's feature #3 that concerns me most. We have not yet made extensive use of Pipedrive's workflows for sales. So we're not that familiar with the workflows in Pipedrive.

We really rely on automations for marketing, though. 

Example customer journey: 

Person A:

1. Downloads a guide (AC form). They get a contact tag for downloading that guide. Later, they get a few emails targeted to the topic of the guide.
    2. Signs up for a webinar (AC form). They get a contact tag for signing up to the webinar. Later, they get a few emails targeted to the topic of the webinar.
    3. Signs up for an open training (Typeform+Sheets+Apps Script). They get a contact tag for signing up. After participating, another tag is added manually. Later, they get a few emails targeted for advanced personal training and tailored B2B training.
    4. Approaches us representing an organization (email). We set up a Pipedrive contact and start the sales process.

This journey can take 2 weeks or 2 years. Along the way, these automations/workflows help us stay top-of-mind and build trust with the contact so they eventually request a quotation. Note the automated emails after steps 1-3.

Note on data sync between AC and Pipedrive: every 6 months we export the data from AC and import it into Pipedrive, mapping open training participation onto Pipedrive contacts. We have not been able to intelligently map the rest of the tags onto Pipedrive contacts.

So what's my question exactly?

I intended to ask a simple question... But I am lousy at that. 😅

I'm wondering whether you have designed Pipedrive Campaigns to handle this level of marketing automation or whether that is, for the moment, a pipe dream (heh heh).

• Jonas Rajanto
    edited March 2022 #3
    Options

We currently use ActiveCampaign (AC) for email campaigns. It would be lovely to move to a single CRM instead!

First, some context: we are a training and consultancy business. Our customer base is heterogeneous. We have approx. 1000 business contacts and approximately 11 000 other contacts, out of which approx. 8500 subscribe to our emails.

The way this works is, we run webinars and offer downloadable content that lets us identify prospects. Most, of course, don't convert at all. Some sign up for our open trainings. Some request a quotation for private training. The bulk of our business comes from this second group, but the first group feeds into the second.

To summarize: until now, AC has been our "B2C CRM". Most of our contacts either do not represent a business or do not find our trainings a fit for their needs. The ones that do represent a business and find a fit in our offering – those become our B2B prospects and we manage the sales workflow in Pipedrive.

In AC, we currently:

1. Use web forms to find prospects (download this guide, sign up for this webinar, watch this webinar replay)
    2. Use a third-party system for open training sign-ups (Typeform -> Google Sheets -> Apps Script -> AC contact tags)
    3. Use contact tags to target later campaigns automatically using automation funnels

It's feature #3 that concerns me most. We have not yet made extensive use of Pipedrive's workflows for sales. So we're not that familiar with the workflows in Pipedrive.

Person A:

1. Downloads a guide (AC form). They get a contact tag for downloading that guide. Later, they get a few emails targeted to the topic of the guide.
    2. Signs up for a webinar (AC form). They get a contact tag for signing up to the webinar. Later, they get a few emails targeted to the topic of the webinar.
    3. Signs up for an open training (Typeform+Sheets+Apps Script). They get a contact tag for signing up. After participating, another tag is added manually. Later, they get a few emails targeted for advanced personal training and tailored B2B training.
    4. Approaches us representing an organization (email). We set up a Pipedrive contact and start the sales process.

This journey can take 2 weeks or 2 years. Along the way, these automations/workflows help us stay top-of-mind and build trust with the contact so they eventually request a quotation. Note the automated emails after steps 1-3.

Note on data sync between AC and Pipedrive: every 6 months we export the data from AC and import it into Pipedrive, mapping open training participation onto Pipedrive contacts. We have not been able to intelligently map the rest of the tags onto Pipedrive contacts.

I'm wondering whether you have designed Pipedrive Campaigns to handle this level of marketing automation or whether that is, for the moment, a pipe dream (heh heh).

Looking through some of Janis's posts it seems like email automation and drip campaigns (roadmap Q1 2022) should address our need?

• Almonzer Eskandar
    Almonzer Eskandar Pipedrive Team Posts: 100 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited March 2022 #4
    Options

In AC, we currently:

Person A:

Hi Jonas, thanks for your informative and rich context here! 

It is Almonzer the Group Product Manager for Campaigns APP, and would like to confirm that during Q1 of 2022 we will be working on Automations bringing them to our product. 

Would you be interested to take part in our research and testing of it? Let me know

• Jonas Rajanto
    edited March 2022 #5
    Options

In AC, we currently:

Person A:

Hi Almonzer, thanks for getting back to me.

I would love to help out here, but we cannot currently devote resources to testing the feature. We are but a small consultancy company and everyone is tied up with day-to-day customer work.

When it looks like the features we need are ready, we will evaluate the Campaigns feature as a whole and decide if we can migrate from AC to Pipedrive.

• Christian Duval_4578
    Christian Duval_4578 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2022 #6
    Options

In AC, we currently:

Person A:

Hi @Almonzer Eskandar . If you are looking for beta tester for automations, let me know. We use AC and other automation tools, but Im waiting for so long to use PD to achieve this. Thanks ! Christian

• Almonzer Eskandar
    Almonzer Eskandar Pipedrive Team Posts: 100 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited March 2022 #7
    Options

In AC, we currently:

Person A:

Thank you Christian!

Let me tag @Dace Kraučuka who is our superstar working on Automation for Campaigns.