Automated Workflow - Bulk Deal Status Update

Darrin Sappenfield
Darrin Sappenfield Member Posts: 7
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

I was nosing around in Workflow Automation. Am I overlooking how I can create a workflow for a Deal action of no action? I want to update the Deal Status as Lost and cite one of our Lost Reason  values (past 30 days), when a Deal has aged greater than 30 days and there hasn't been any other updates to Person record, Activities, and perhaps Email Count hasn't changed.

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited June 2022 #2

I think you can define some filters based on email date, last stage changed date, last activity date, etc. and use that filter in an automation to then lose the deal.

• Darrin Sappenfield
    edited January 2022 #3

I think you can define some filters based on email date, last stage changed date, last activity date, etc. and use that filter in an automation to then lose the deal.

Please demonstrate as an example. The inaction is the action. So there doesn't appear to be a Trigger. That's where I'm stumped.

• Darrin Sappenfield
    edited January 2022 #4

I am able to use Filters and complete the updating manually, but still interest in hearing how to use Workflow automation to operate as a standing, active way to accomplish the objective.

• Darrin Sappenfield
    edited January 2022 #5

Alas, I've seen the light! Create a custom filter using Filters and select it in the Workflow automation. I extend my apology for being such a novice sally pants.