Custom sections

Harj Gadhvi
Harj Gadhvi Member Posts: 18
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

It would be great to have the option to add custom sections which can be expanded/collapsed for the different record types.  Adding lots of custom fields to a Person record can get extremely busy and not all fields are relevant for each user. 

1 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Harj Gadhvi

You can actually do this for any custom fields you create, by not selecting the option "Always visible in detail view". Keep in mind this will affect all users equally.

If checked, the field is visible in the Details panel of the Deal/Person/Organization details view even when the panel is collapsed. When expanded, all Deal/Person/Organization fields become visible.

In the detail view, if these fields are empty they won't show up and you can click to expand them and only then will they become visible.

Sounds more complicated than it is, so I made this quick little video to illustrate what I mean above. 

Hope it helped! 🚀

• Harj Gadhvi
    Harj Gadhvi Member Posts: 18
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited April 2020 #3

Hi @Harj Gadhvi

You can actually do this for any custom fields you create, by not selecting the option "Always visible in detail view". Keep in mind this will affect all users equally.

If checked, the field is visible in the Details panel of the Deal/Person/Organization details view even when the panel is collapsed. When expanded, all Deal/Person/Organization fields become visible.

In the detail view, if these fields are empty they won't show up and you can click to expand them and only then will they become visible.

Sounds more complicated than it is, so I made this quick little video to illustrate what I mean above. 

Hope it helped! 🚀

Hi Ines,

Thank you for your reply.  I'm unable to view the video, what format is it in?

I understand the fields will not be visible unless they have something in them, however the additional fields I want to create will have data in them so all users would see them when expanding the Details section, which is what I'm trying to avoid.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2020 #4

Hi @Harj Gadhvi

Hope it helped! 🚀

Thank you for clarifying your use case, Harj. 

Currently fields that have data in them will always show up in the Details section, yes. I've sent this feedback to the team for consideration.

The video format I used is .mov . I just sent it to you as an attachment to an email, hope now it works better for you. 🚀

• josh arguello
    josh arguello Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2022 #5

I would like custom sections to break up the details into separate sections that i can expand/contract (drop down)....

since i have about 60-70 custom fields....

• David Bellaïche
    David Bellaïche Member Posts: 26
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment

Hey, do we have something new for this ? I also have many custom fields that I would like to organize into different sections