How do I mark a contact "do not email"?

Options
Don Litzenberg_3202
Don Litzenberg_3202 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I have some legacy contacts in my system that are no longer with the current organization. I want to do an email to my contact list without having to manually select all of the contacts.  Is there a way to mark a contact as "do not email"?

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 845
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited April 2022 #2
    Options

You can create a custom field called "DO NOT MAIL"

Then when your doing an email, make sure to filter by that field not to include any contacts who are not suppose to be mailed. 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2022 #3
    Options

Hi @Don Litzenberg , I would follow @Boris Tsibelman suggestion, it's a great one!

We're also coming up with our own email marketing feature (Mailigen) and you can start playing around with it for free here.

• Brenda Coronado
    Brenda Coronado Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2020 #4
    Options

Hello, I found this post when searching for how to mark DNC (do not contact) for someone.  Whether they are no longer with their organization (but you want retain contact history) or have asked not to be contacted, I am seeking a universal DNC notation or color highlight, something, anything.  It's easy to remove from future outreach but I want something obvious so it's not accidentally overlooked in the future by myself or anyone we hire going forward.   Note I did add my own custom field for this but it's not obvious and must be peeled down to see.  Is there anything simpler, easier other than adding DNC by the name?   Thanks! -Brenda