Automatically creating a "Done" Activity after an email is created & sent

Options
Michell da Costa
Michell da Costa Member Posts: 1
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi can anyone tell me if there is a way to automatically record an activity as done once you have say created and sent and email.    I would like to track how many emails I am writing without having to then go and created the activity and set it to done.

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 845
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

you can report on email activity, without creating tasks

• Alex Grossmann
    Alex Grossmann Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

I have a similar question, but I am not interested in reporting. I just want to see the completed activity on the contact without having to create it manually.

So workflow would be: I send a mail and it will automatically file a completed activity at the contact, as the title of the activity e.g. the subject of the email.

• Tomas
    Tomas Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Is this still an active topic? I want to measure the effectiveness of my salesempoyees and salesprocess so therefore I look at the amount of activities (calls and emails) they have with customers. And I also look at the amount of activities per customer, to manage the effectiveness of the process. Therefore I feels really weird that it is not possible to make an automation in PipeDrive where every sent email linked to a deal, automatically creates an activity within this deal.

In automations there is an opportunity to compare 'total emails sent' to another field - but it is not possible to compare this to e.g. a customized field of to the amount that it was before the email was sent. Therefore it is not possible to create this automations.

It feels so weird that all Pipedrive users need to manually log every email - so Pipedrive: could you please make a minor change in the automations and let us automatically create an activity after i send an email?

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Liz (Ops Designed) Member Posts: 211
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

Hi Tomas - 

You are correct, this is not something that can be done via workflow automation. 

However, I think the reporting you’re looking for is available if you use email sync within Pipedrive. Is there a reason that this won’t work for your team? If you did use email sync, you would be able to create reports and a dashboard to review activities completed and emails sent by User and by Organization.

Please feel free to reach out if you would like additional support.

- Liz

Schedule a Working Session | Pipedrive for Beginners | Pipedrive Integrations

• Tomas
    Tomas Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Hi Liz,

We do sync our email with pipedrive - but I can only report on amount of emails sent per User. But it is not possible to sort this on Organization? Or am I wrong?

regards Tomas