Remove Activity Type Defaulting

Josh Monifi
Josh Monifi Member Posts: 88
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper

We have a suggestion that could improve the way that Activities work. 

We are rolling out some reporting on our Activities by Users, and noticed that many of our Users don't ever change the default Activity type (currently Task) to something they are actually doing (usually a Call or Meeting). 

There should be a way to make the system NOT select by default to the first Activity type, and instead not allow the User to save the Activity unless they have selected a type. 

Thoughts?

Tagged:
1 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,519
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2022 #2

I like this suggestion.

• Daniel Axelbaum
    Daniel Axelbaum Member Posts: 33
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #3

I love the suggestion. All of my follow-up activities are calls. Because that's the default and it's just easier. My only concern is the software is already a lot of clicking around and this is one more click. If there's an easy way to select the next task I wish to do then that's perfect but if it's more clicking, then it's easier to just use a default. I appreciate you bringing it up. 

• Josh Monifi
    Josh Monifi Member Posts: 88
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #4

I love the suggestion. All of my follow-up activities are calls. Because that's the default and it's just easier. My only concern is the software is already a lot of clicking around and this is one more click. If there's an easy way to select the next task I wish to do then that's perfect but if it's more clicking, then it's easier to just use a default. I appreciate you bringing it up. 

It should only be one additional click, to select the type of activity from the list.