Email Alias

Hugo Hebrard
Hugo Hebrard Member Posts: 3
5 Up Votes First Comment

Dear Pipedrive Team,

it would be lovely to be able to send mails from pipedrive with alias adresses.

I use mainly gmail but with an alias email adress. Unfortunately when sending from pipedrive, the mails don't exist in my gmail sent box (neither in the inbox).

So unfortunately i can't use pipedrive, all my 10 year business been running from my gmail inbox to this point (so i need to track infos from gmail).

Do you think the Alias feature will be developped one day ?

Thanks in advance !

Hugo.

23 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Support_1862
    Support_1862 Member Posts: 15
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #2

Hi Team,

Can we have an option to have alias email addresses to send out emails?

This would be of a great help when we want to send out communications on behalf or to use a no-reply email address.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited January 2023 #3

Thanks for sharing @Support I've passed it along to the team. One option would be to use one of our Marketplace apps like for example Front here.  They should be able to do it.

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,519
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2023 #4

Thanks for sharing @Support I've passed it along to the team. One option would be to use one of our Marketplace apps like for example Front here.  They should be able to do it.

Or, do it by setting up campaigns in email automation tools like Mailchimp and using Outfunnel.

• Tuomas Ilola
    Tuomas Ilola Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2023 #5

Our organisation would really benefit from this as we have different public domain than our Google GSuite domain. Without this feature we cannot send emails from Pipedrive as it comes from the wrong domain.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2023 #6

@Gints Branks and @Janis Geranins does Mailigen work with alias addresses? 

• Janis Geranins_2639
    Janis Geranins_2639 Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #7

Hello! Yes, you can use alias email addresses in Mailigen. There is even a option to use one email address to send out emails and a different address (for the same email message) as a reply address (when a user replies, his email goes to the set reply address).

As @Mike van der Valk mentioned Mailigen was recently acquired by Pipedrive and we are working hard on a integration with Pipedrive. The current integration is in beta status and is already usable. You can sign up for a free 30 day trial and fully test it out here

Please be informed that only opt-in email lists can be used in Mailigen. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2023 #8

Hello! Yes, you can use alias email addresses in Mailigen. There is even a option to use one email address to send out emails and a different address (for the same email message) as a reply address (when a user replies, his email goes to the set reply address).

As @Mike van der Valk mentioned Mailigen was recently acquired by Pipedrive and we are working hard on a integration with Pipedrive. The current integration is in beta status and is already usable. You can sign up for a free 30 day trial and fully test it out here

Please be informed that only opt-in email lists can be used in Mailigen. 

Thanks for the quick follow-up Janis! 🙏🏻

• RP1
    RP1 Member Posts: 18
    edited January 2023 #9

Would love the ability to use an alias without having to resort to 3rd party app.  would be really useful for automations such as an onboarding series of emails

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2023 #10
    Michael said:

Would love the ability to use an alias without having to resort to 3rd party app.  would be really useful for automations such as an onboarding series of emails

@Michael thanks for the comment. As you can read up here that 3rd party Mailigen that is mentioned has actually been acquired by Pipedrive. We're now working hard on integrating the two as one tool with 2 different areas but perfectly synced :) 

• RP1
    RP1 Member Posts: 18
    edited January 2023 #11
    Michael said:

Thanks @Mike van der Valk , will look forward to trying

• Omar_5361
    Omar_5361 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #12

Please let me know when this will be available, we really need alias for our emails. Thank you! @Mike van der Valk 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2023 #13
    Omar said:

Please let me know when this will be available, we really need alias for our emails. Thank you! @Mike van der Valk 

Hi @Omar this is currently not in development in the Pipedrive email integration. As you can read up here that 3rd party Mailigen that is mentioned has actually been acquired by Pipedrive. We're now working hard on integrating the two as one tool with 2 different areas but perfectly synced :) 

Once we're ready for our user to test new updates we post them in our Research and Beta testing channel. Be sure to join that to stay up to date!

• Jessica Baldwin
    Jessica Baldwin Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2023 #14

Hello – We need the ability to be able to send via an alias also for 1 to 1 emails out of Pipedrive. Mailgen absolutely will not solve the problem.

Within our gmail accounts, we send/receive emails from an alias email address. In Pipedrive it will only send emails from the gsuite primary domain. 

• Vincent Frechette
    Vincent Frechette Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #15

Our organisation would really benefit from this as we have different public domain than our Google GSuite domain. Without this feature we cannot send emails from Pipedrive as it comes from the wrong domain.

Same situation here! Very sad it's not supported. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2023 #16

Hello – We need the ability to be able to send via an alias also for 1 to 1 emails out of Pipedrive. Mailgen absolutely will not solve the problem.

Within our gmail accounts, we send/receive emails from an alias email address. In Pipedrive it will only send emails from the gsuite primary domain. 

Thanks @Jessica Baldwin passing it along. I'll make sure your comment reaches our team working on email in Pipedrive as well.

• Andrew Klotz
    Andrew Klotz Member Posts: 30
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2023 #17

Just wanted to contribute to this feature request. As we have a domain alias set up in GSuite, our team is frequently using two email addresses per person, as well as group emails. 1:1 emails from within Pipedrive are definitely something we would use. Mailigen would only be helpful when we are looking to deploy email campaigns.

• Alexandre_7713
    Alexandre_7713 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #18

One more here that needs this feature (Including domain ALIAS)! I need 1 to 1 emails from Gsuite directly at Pipedrive. That is indeed a dealbreaker for me, since my main gsuite domain is not used anymore.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2023 #19

Thanks @Alexandre and @Andrew Klotz I'm passing this on to our team as well internally. 

• Anirudh A Damani
    Anirudh A Damani Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #20

I want to use an alias for sales related emails so that they can get filtered separately from operational or internal emails. Please help @Mike van der Valk !

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2023 #21

I want to use an alias for sales related emails so that they can get filtered separately from operational or internal emails. Please help @Mike van der Valk !

Hi @Anirudh A Damani thanks for sharing. Unfortunately this is currently not possible with our email sync. I know our team is aware of this request but at the moment it's not in the short term plans unfortunately. 

• aaronsuncamacho
    aaronsuncamacho Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2022 #22

Do you need the ability to use G-Suite Email Aliases as your "From" Email for Email SYNC... I do?

I have a primary domain via G-suite primary.com and several domain aliases like alias.com. So, all of my users' email accounts are set up as user@primary.com BUT also automatically include user@alias.com. This saves money on G-suite and simplifies management.

To login to Pipedrive using Google SSO I must use admin@primary.com since it is the primary and when I set up the email sync in pipedrive I had to choose which Google Account to use BUT that must be an @primary.com account WHICH MEANS that my email sync is using an @primary.com address as the send from email!

This prevents me from using any user@alias.com email addresses as my sent from or reply to email address!

The CRM I am considering migrating here from DOES allow using email aliases for their G-suite email sync... I really hope this gets enough upvotes to get implemented quickly! 

(the competition uses https://www.nylas.com/ to allow email aliases.)

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2023 #23

Hi @Aaron Camacho , thank you for your feedback.

I'm sorry to hear you're having this trouble and I suggest you reach out to our Support team to discuss it at a more technical level, if you haven't already.

In either case, I've made sure the development team noted down your suggestion for when they'll work on updates again. Unfortunately with many customers and requests and with limited development resources we need to prioritise and make choices what to deliver first. We will make sure however our team will consider your suggestions but we can never make any promises.

Speaking of which, here are some pro tips to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Andrew Klotz
    edited January 2023 #24

Thank you @Aaron Camacho for raising this. This is a must have for me as we add accounts/users to Pipedrive for sales outreach. It's becoming difficult and frustrating to manage communications jumping back and forth from Gmail and PD, when PD promises email sync. If sending from an alias email is not possible, there is much less incentive to add additional accounts to PD.

• Magnus Bucht
    Magnus Bucht Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #25

I understand that tis is not a priority development from reading the thread, but also want to stress that this is an important feature that is missing!

• Andrew Klotz
    edited July 2022 #26
    Do you need the ability to send email within Pipedrive from an email alias?
  • Maciej_1810
    Maciej_1810 Member Posts: 8
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2023 #27

Ideally from another mail account.

• XF Growingup.zone
    XF Growingup.zone Member Posts: 30
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #29
    Super necessary!!!
  • Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2023 #30

Thank you @Aaron Camacho for raising this. This is a must have for me as we add accounts/users to Pipedrive for sales outreach. It's becoming difficult and frustrating to manage communications jumping back and forth from Gmail and PD, when PD promises email sync. If sending from an alias email is not possible, there is much less incentive to add additional accounts to PD.

Hello @Andrew Klotz , we appreciate your input.

I suggest you reach out to our Support team to discuss this at a more technical level, if you haven't already.

I have also made sure to forward your suggestion internally to our team for consideration.

• Martin Eckardt
    Martin Eckardt Member Posts: 23
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2023 #31
    Would be great especially when combined with multiple signatures