Feature Suggestion - due dates relative to expected close date

Options
Jewel
Jewel Member Posts: 2

It would be a game changer for our business to have the capability to make due dates relative to the expected close date.  We are caterers and we use the expected close date as the event date.  We are using Pipedrive from the beginning of the sales process into the prep-for-event process all the way until the event is executed and we have at least 40 tasks/activities that need to be done # days before the event as opposed to # days after activity is triggered.  Right now we have automations setup to trigger on # days after activity is triggered, but we are constantly having to change the due dates b/c when it's triggered my be earlier or later than when the task needs to be completed.

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 845
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Agreed! This would be great

• George Bonelli
    George Bonelli Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

I literally requested something like this just a few days ago.  Our use case is to be able to reach out to a customer X number of days in advance of a custom date field.  For example, a contract date/term is expected to end on 5/31 and we want to be able to reach out 30 or 60 days in advance and see about a renewal/extension etc.  Would love to be able to auto-set an activity that ensures that those dates are honored in our sales/outreach process.

• Alex Stueber
    Alex Stueber Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

Hey @jewel & @George Bonelli have you ever thought of using Integromat for that?

You can create your activity and then use the Expected close date to determine how long before or after you want the Due date for the activities.

I would love to have this feature inside Pipedrive too, but its a solution :) 

• George Bonelli
    George Bonelli Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

Hey @jewel & @George Bonelli have you ever thought of using Integromat for that?

You can create your activity and then use the Expected close date to determine how long before or after you want the Due date for the activities.

I will have a look.  Was not aware of this.  Is there a cost?  

• Jewel
    Jewel Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #6
    Options

Sounds cool, thanks!  Looks similar to Zapier which I have.  At first glance it seems like I would have to rebuild lots of automations outside of Pipedrive.  I'll have to think about whether it would be worth it.

• All Star BPO
    All Star BPO Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #7
    Options

Thank you so much for this information. This is very helpful for my BPO. All problems have been solved.

• Alex Stueber
    edited February 2022 #8
    Options

Here is the pricing list for Integromat

https://www.integromat.com/en/pricing

• Alex Stueber
    edited February 2022 #9
    Options

I love events too, and I think PD is a really good tool to use for it.
    And with Zapier /or Integromat it's really powerful too.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions or to share ideas!!!

Have a nice day!

• Dan Deibert
    Dan Deibert Member Posts: 7
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Sadly, this is the thing that will keep me from moving on beyond the trial. This is a critical feature for us, seeing as our entire operation is event based. For our use case, basing anything on the project start date is useless. (I know that this is not the case for a majority of PD users)

Considering we have about 20-40 tasks per project, all with different due dates, creating the automation in Zapier or Make.com is just not feasible.

I'm going to keep an eye on the feature announcements and would love to give this a shot again should this be implemented.