Best practices/experiences in comprehensive pipeline restructuring

Felix Mayer
Felix Mayer Member Posts: 1
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hey there! 

We are currently in the midst of restructuring our Pipedrive to depict our whole sales process in one pipeline for ease of reporting and enhanced visualization.

At the moment, we're working with an outbound, opportunity, and customers pipeline. When a deal is set to won in one pipeline, it's duplicated in the first stage of the next pipeline. This brought along a lot of issues of duplicated deals in the reporting etc.

For the restructuring project, we now need to transfer all of these deals into the new, single pipeline after merging the duplicates. This includes won, lost, and open deals. How can I make sure I don't accidentally change the status of won deals and screw up my whole reporting?

Any tips, tricks, or heads ups are much appreciated!

Comments

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 343
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited April 2022 #2

Hi @Felix Mayer ,

do I understand it correctly? You set the deal on won even in the outbound Pipeline?

The question itself is not that easy to answer. There are some things to consider. For me the biggest question is: What do you want to have reported in detail? The split of the pipelines makes normally perfectly sense for many reasons but not that you set all on won at the last stage. If you want, I can show you in a quick online meeting how our customers are working in your situation. bernd.auer@pd-experts.com