Can I use a webform to update a deal?

Finbarr
Finbarr Posts: 2
edited July 26 in Sales CRM #1

I am setting up webforms to capture details to set up deals.

I am then using automation to 'nurture' these deals with a series of automated emails.

One of the nurturing emails will ask the person to sign up to our service.  I would like to use a webform, but instead of creating a new deal, I would like to update the stage of an existing deal to move it to 'Won'.

How can I do this?

Comments

• David Lorbiecke_3
    David Lorbiecke_3 Ex-Pipedrivers Posts: 250
    100 Comments Pipedrive Employee
    edited February 24 #2

Hi Finbarr,

Are you using the Pipedrive Web Forms?
    If so, it's not possible to update existing deals as it would require the person filling in the webform to know their own Deal ID number (which can't be added through a webform).

• Finbarr
    Finbarr Posts: 2
    edited April 29 #3

I thought that maybe there was a way to match against the email address.

Perhaps you can suggest a means of achieving the following:

1. Lead magnet is used to record a deal in Pipedrive.
    2. Automation sends out a series of follow emails.
    3. On receipt of one of those emails, the contact decides to subscribe to the service I am selling.
    4. Now I need to stop the remainder of the nurturing emails, and change the deal stage to 'Won'.

How can I achieve this without manual intervention?

• involve.me
    involve.me Posts: 6
    Integration Partner
    edited April 29 #4

We at involve.me think adding this as an option in the automation would help.

If you think so too, you can upvote the suggestion here: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/5ea31f3267eede27973ab0c9

• Lynz Floren
    Lynz Floren Posts: 4
    edited July 2021 #5

Hi Finbarr,

Are you using the Pipedrive Web Forms?
    If so, it's not possible to update existing deals as it would require the person filling in the webform to know their own Deal ID number (which can't be added through a webform).

Is Pipedrive working on resolving this?