Zip

Code

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 845
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited March 2022 #2
    Options

I dont think that posting about it everybody is going to solve your problem...

Check out https://community.pipedrive.com/post/zip-code-603fdd10600880389c87b5bb

• RG
    RG Member Posts: 26
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Check out https://community.pipedrive.com/post/zip-code-603fdd10600880389c87b5bb

1.  Why not?  I know for a fact that complaining every day can be a tactful approach--my ex-wife did it for years to get what she was after.
    2. Maybe your post is above my head, but I don't see the point of the post.  I can absolutely look up and type the zip code for every client we enter into a new deal.  The point is--it is an annoying waste of time.  What am I missing from your link?
    3. Thanks
  • Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,071 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    edited March 2022 #4
    Options

Hello Rob, for issues related to your Pipedrive account please reach out to our Support team who will be able to quickly help you. 
    You are more than welcome to leave your product feedback in the community, but please refrain from posting the same message or content repeatedly. That may cause the automated bot and spam detection to block your posts and temporarily prevent you from participating in the community.

• RG
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

Hello Rob, for issues related to your Pipedrive account please reach out to our Support team who will be able to quickly help you. 
    You are more than welcome to leave your product feedback in the community, but please refrain from posting the same message or content repeatedly. That may cause the automated bot and spam detection to block your posts and temporarily prevent you from participating in the community.

Lol...no

Rob--If the service you pay for has an issue, please only make one complaint so maybe other people won't notice it and the problem will just go away.

Lol.  

• Bill Griffith
    Bill Griffith Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited March 2022 #6
    Options

Hi Rob, 

Zip codes are available and already there the best I can see in my setup.   It is a little quirky - I think I see what you mean, there is not a field showing by default. But two things bring them into view.  One add a custom field for each of your data types, contact, organization, etc. under account setting. The option of Zip Code is there so you can view it in the selected view for that organization or contact name.  Next, in your line-item listing of your contacts and organization, you can go in and add zip/postal code as a column field.  When I copy and paste my contacts and organization address details, I usually copy the entire address details and paste it into the address field then Pipedrive separates them for me.  If what I copy and paste included the zip code it puts that data into a zip code field, you just have to add it as a visible field.  Copy and paste the entire address;  123 test st., anycity, zz 12345.  I think that should help. 

• DavidToliver
    DavidToliver Member Posts: 5
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2022 #7
    Options

From my experience it is more of a google issue than a pipedrive issue where some addresses are truncating the zipcode.  You can always manually type it back in and hit save or make sure it is part of the address before you hit save. Also, it would only seem to happen sporadically...like maybe 1 out of every 20 so it is not an across the board issue.

• RG
    edited February 2022 #8
    Options

Hi Rob, 

Zip codes are available and already there the best I can see in my setup.   It is a little quirky - I think I see what you mean, there is not a field showing by default. But two things bring them into view.  One add a custom field for each of your data types, contact, organization, etc. under account setting. The option of Zip Code is there so you can view it in the selected view for that organization or contact name.  Next, in your line-item listing of your contacts and organization, you can go in and add zip/postal code as a column field.  When I copy and paste my contacts and organization address details, I usually copy the entire address details and paste it into the address field then Pipedrive separates them for me.  If what I copy and paste included the zip code it puts that data into a zip code field, you just have to add it as a visible field.  Copy and paste the entire address;  123 test st., anycity, zz 12345.  I think that should help. 

Hi Bill,

I appreciate the time you took to write that post.  That is what we do currently--copy and paste every zip code.  That is the problem (we don't import our contacts from a list--each client is entered manually as the phone rings).   I have used 3 or 4 CRM programs in the past. This is a simple feature that was always available.  In my opinion--if you are going to auto populate something to save time--it does not make any sense to copy and paste a portion of what is being populated.  The part that is getting me annoyed is that when I ask--I am told it is not an issue--it is a Google problem; however Google seems to know the zip codes.

Having my voice threatened by bots is a bit annoying as well.  I have four Roombas of my own, so I am not scared of bots.

Thanks for your help Bill--have a good day.  Time is valuable and I appreciate yours.

• RG
    edited February 2022 #9
    Options

From my experience it is more of a google issue than a pipedrive issue where some addresses are truncating the zipcode.  You can always manually type it back in and hit save or make sure it is part of the address before you hit save. Also, it would only seem to happen sporadically...like maybe 1 out of every 20 so it is not an across the board issue.

That is interesting.  I have never had a zip code pop up when entering an address.  I would be curious to see an example of when the zip is populated.  Do you have an address that you could show me? 

• Rob Holloway
    Rob Holloway Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2022 #10
    Options

Rob....you are spot on.  Copying and pasting ZIP Codes is ridiculous.

For everyone's benefit...   "Rob is a CUSTOMER."

Just being quiet and going back in your hole doesn't help any of us.  Chirp away (in a respectful manner of course).

• Bill Griffith
    edited February 2022 #11
    Options

Hi Rob, 

Hi Rob, 

No worries, I think I am tracking with you now. Can you step through with a little more detail?  Something like this maybe; 

1. CS rep - your staff is adding a new lead/prospect. 

2. Are they collecting the details live with the lead/prospect on the phone. 

3. They are collecting the info via steps as outlined in your procedures, right?  

Step 1. confirm call back number, 

step 2. get their first name, 3. get their zip code, etc..  (get all the easy details front) then confirm auto-populated details so the prospect feels your reps are engaged and knowledgeable of them.  Plus it is easier, faster, and has fewer typing errors... right?  I get it. 

step 3. they ask for the zip code before the address, city st; right? 

step 4.  and want to enter the zip code, have Pipedrive to complete the City, ST? right? 

Seems like a matter of having a zip code database plugged into the Pipedrive OS. If PipeDrive will not do this, it would seem to be an easy addon somewhere, by someone. 

Maybe I am missing something. Reach out if to me if you have more details; www.handywithdigital.com

Best regards,  Bill

Dallas, TX

• RG
    edited February 2022 #12
    Options

Hi Rob, 

That's about it really.

To compound the issue... we use an API for our in-house app.  The app populates all of the documents we use during our entire process--sales contracts, production work orders, accounting, etc.  Our app pulls the address from Pipedrive and there is a piece of information missing on every document.  You guessed it...the Zip Code!  So we have to go back in and manually edit the address for each customer.  Even if we paid to have the secondary data pulled from the custom zip code field (which would not be free), we would still have to copy and paste into that field.  Seems like a small deal--but it's actually a big deal.

Thanks again.

• Bill Griffith
    edited February 2022 #13
    Options

Hi Rob, 

Ugh, yes. Makes more sense now -- a little thing makes a big headache.  

Then your running exception reports or doing some kind db coding, excel gymnastics,  or manual clean-up to find exceptions and auto-correct where ZipCode = null or is blank.  

I have seen address db that auto-populate as the street address details are entered, and the operator selects from a declining list of matches as more address details are entered ultimately you usually end up auto-populating most of the address, city, st, and zip. 

I do not know your business but sounds like growing pains more than a process or app failure. 

--Bill - Dallas, TX

• Abbey Garcia
    Abbey Garcia Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2022 #14
    Options

It is ABSURD to me that Pipedrive hasn't AT LEAST allowed for the separate zip field to show up in the sidebar of the detail view of an organization. The field is available in the organization list but they can't add it as another field option in the sidebar? That's ridiculous. This is the MINIMUM viable solution Pipedrive should have provided for this problem in all this time you all have been posting about this.  Allow users to select Full/Combined address as the default address type that shows in detail AND/OR allow users to select Zip/Postal Code as a field to show in the left hand sidebar on detail page. 

It can show up here and here...

but not here?!?!