Using first name and last name from name field

Graham Cox
Graham Cox Member Posts: 153
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi 

I use a typeform to ask for first name on one question and last name on the next question, then import into pipedrive's first and last name fields via zapier.

Ideally I'd like to ask for the person's full name in one question, not two, but still be able to use just the first name for sending emails from pipedrive (Hi John, instead of Hi John Smith).  Is that possible at all?  

Thanks

Graham

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 848
    5 Likes Premier Solution Provider First Anniversary First Answer
    edited March 2022 #2

You can ask in 1 field [ie: full name] then through zapier split the first & last name, and pass it to pipedrive split up.

This way it solves your issue with asking the client for both separately, and you still get it into pipedrive separately. 

• Graham Cox
    Graham Cox Member Posts: 153
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited March 2022 #3

You can ask in 1 field [ie: full name] then through zapier split the first & last name, and pass it to pipedrive split up.

This way it solves your issue with asking the client for both separately, and you still get it into pipedrive separately. 

Thanks Boris, I wasn't aware you could do that in Zapier. I'll check it out.

Much appreciated, cheers.

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 848
    5 Likes Premier Solution Provider First Anniversary First Answer
    edited March 2022 #4

Its called "Formatter by Zapier" https://zapier.com/apps/formatter/integrations