Question: Drag-and-drop file upload sometimes doesn't work

Ted Youn
Ted Youn Member Posts: 116
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment

Greetings,

I have a problem with drag-and-drop file upload, and I'm wondering anybody have the same problem.

When I tried drag-and drop file upload, sometimes it doesn't work as expected—the browser opens the PDF file in a new tab instead of uploading this file to a Pipedrive deal.

1. Steps to reproduce:
    1. Under Windows 10, a Google chrome browser is an active window; that is, it has the focus on a Microsoft Windows desktop.
    2. A windows file explorer is behind this active Google browser.
    3. Drag a PDF from the windows file explorer until the Pipedrive window shows 'Drag files here', then drop the file.
  2. What you expect to see: the PDF file is uploaded to a Pipedrive deal
  3. What you saw instead: nothing happens or the browser opens the PDF file in a new tab.

I contacted the support team with the attached screen recording, but they said they cannot replicate the same issue on their end.

Does anybody experience the same problem on Windows 10? Am I the only one experiencing this problem in Windows 10 with Google Chrome Browser?

drag-drop-fail.mp4
1 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Alex Stueber
    Alex Stueber Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited March 2022 #2

Have you tried to update your Browser?

I've had a similar situation in the past and the solution was just updating my web browser.

Have a nice day!

• Ted Youn
    Ted Youn Member Posts: 116
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2022 #3

Have you tried to update your Browser?

I've had a similar situation in the past and the solution was just updating my web browser.

Have a nice day!

Unfortunately, this sometimes happens to my updated browsers as well.

• תום
    תום Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2022 #4

I have the same issue.

Chrome on windows 11

• Pam Gallinger
    Pam Gallinger Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited April 2022 #5

I have been experiencing the same issue where I can't upload multiple files at once into Pipedrive and I tried with both the drag and drop and selecting files from my computer. I have to upload the files individually. It's been happening for the past 48 hours and I've even updated my Chrome browser and the issue still is occurring. 

• Vladimir
    Vladimir Member Posts: 11
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited May 2022 #6

In my case, this Drag&drop box is blinking. Standard "Drag files here..." box is alterning with green one waiting to drop a file.

When I drop a file in wrong, nongreen phase of blinking, it open the file in new window. When I drop it there in correct milisecond, it id uploaded correctly. So it is a bit gaming for me to upload a file. :-)

I use newest  version Chrome browser.

• jamesbrown67
    jamesbrown67 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

To address this issue, you can try a few troubleshooting steps and consider some possible factors that might be causing the problem:

1. Browser Extensions: Browser extensions can sometimes interfere with drag-and-drop functionality. Disable any browser extensions, especially those related to file handling or PDFs, and see if the issue persists.
    2. Operating System Updates: Ensure that your Windows 10 is up-to-date with the latest updates and patches. Sometimes, OS updates can resolve compatibility issues.
    3. PDF Settings: Check your PDF settings in Google Chrome. Type "chrome://settings/content/pdfDocuments" into the address bar and ensure that "Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome" is enabled. 🛌🦄
    4. Firewall/Antivirus: Sometimes, security software can interfere with certain website functionalities. Temporarily disable your firewall or antivirus software and see if that makes a difference (only if you are comfortable with this).
    5. Clear Browser Cache: Clear your browser's cache and cookies, as cached data can sometimes lead to unexpected behavior. 💥🏃‍♂️

Please let me know if you still face the problem.

Regards

James

• Michal_jhon
    Michal_jhon Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

It seems like you're encountering a specific issue with drag-and-drop file uploads in Pipedrive using Chrome on Windows 10, where the PDF opens in a new tab instead of uploading. If anyone else has faced this and found a solution, their input could be really helpful. 🤔💻