Texting Integration Advice Needed
I'm struggling to find a texting integration that will do the things we need:
- Need to be able to port my two phone numbers to them that we have used and marketed for years (we do not want new numbers)
- Need to be able to text right out of Pipedrive to a contact; I don't want to have to go into another app to text out
- Need to be able to get notifications in the online version so we know we have a new text
- Need to be able to get push notifications on the mobile app so when we are not at our desk, we know we have a new text
I've tried multiple services and none seem to have all of these things. We already have this with Jungo, but we are looking to leave Jungo and stick only with Pipedrive. Here are the ones we have tried and the reasons they won't work.
- IntelliSMS (I think they also go by IntelliMessage); they are the best fit, but they won't let us port our numbers over - we need to get completely new phone numbers
- Twilio Integration via Ulgebra; no notifications anywhere - the only way to know you have a new message is by looking in a contact so you have no way of knowing when a person texts unless you know they are texting you (pretty counterintuitive)
- Zaper - I connected to Twilio w/ this and it only tells you of an activity and doesn't connect to a contact; you can't text out
- Cloudtalk; great for both phone and text integration; they won't have any push notifications until the end of Q2 for the Cloudtalk mobile app; cannot send from Pipedrive
- Text Request - very nice visual; I get a mobile push notification from their mobile app which I can live with (rather than PD mobile app push notification), but again, I cannot text out of pipedrive and do not get any activity notifications in PD; it just shows as a note on the contact so I won't know it came in
Does anyone have a suggestion or feedback for a viable channel for what I'm looking for that has been working or work arounds that make it functional for what I'm trying to accomplish above? Thanks!!
Boris Tsibelman Posts: 994edited March 2022 #2
edited March 2022 #3
Thank you. I've been getting all of the ones I tested from there; I was hoping someone may have had experience with one that can do all the things I listed as none of them seem to be able to do that despite what they say on that site.0
edited March 2022 #4
I think Kixie could do the job for you. Worth checking it out, however, I'm not sure if you can still use your numbers.
Another one could be an extension with Twilio (by Ulgebra), I haven't checked this one myself but I've heard about it.
Hope this helps!
edited March 2022 #5
Thanks Alex. I did try Twilio (by Ulgebra) and unfortunately they give no notifications; the only way to know a text came in is if you look in the contact record so you would have to know you are expecting a text. I will check out Kixie though. Thank you very much.0
edited March 2022 #6
Oh that's a shame
Just thinking here:
Does it update the contact? When you do receive a txt back in the contact?
If so, try to create a filter to see those contacts that got updated by this update.
Good subject to do some tests!!
Have a nice day!0
edited March 2022 #7
Thank you. I could try that, but would that give me a push notification on the mobile app too? I'm looking for something that gives that instant notification on mobile too so when we are not at our desks. Forgive me for being so new to this yet and I appreciate your suggestions.0
edited March 2022 #8
No, no worries!
Well, it wouldn't notify you, unfortunately, because PD doesn't have this option in the notifications. (Contact = filter x - then notify me)
Using an external platform like (Zapier / Integromat (Make now)) you could, as you can then create an activity for this contact (Like Reply SMS for example)
It's an interesting subject and it requires a bit of investigation.
Nicki Kane Posts: 53edited March 2022 #9
Hey Carli, what about using intellisense and as a workaround set up a forward from your old numbers to the new numbers they provide? I'm guessing the outgoing text number would be different but maybe they could help with a workaround with that? (Like when you have emails that are sent and marked on behalf of someone else if that makes any sense?)0
edited March 2022 #10Nicki Kane said:
Hey Carli, what about using intellisense and as a workaround set up a forward from your old numbers to the new numbers they provide? I'm guessing the outgoing text number would be different but maybe they could help with a workaround with that? (Like when you have emails that are sent and marked on behalf of someone else if that makes any sense?)
Thank you Nicki. I'm getting closer to a solution on it without the workaround.0
@Karli Spahr Twilio integration by Ulgebra now provides desktop notifications and a notification icon with their AppCursor extension, with that you can get alert from any pipedrive page.