Allow integration and field mapping for Smart Contact data in Pipedrive to automation software (i.e.

Options
Sanita Karra
Sanita Karra Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

For me to segment my audience based on location, regions, the number of employees and industry based on SIC or NAICS codes, being able to sync and integrate fields into a third party marketing software is fundamental to marketing strategy and targeting. Marketing Automation tools like HubSpot allow you to segment, target and communicate based on these variables.

But Pipedrive has advised the Smart Contact feature data is not stored in Pipedrive but only mirrored, meaning it can't be synced, and it can be used to create segments, lists and audiences (can't be exported either).

Salesforce (and other CRMs) allow integration with tools such as 118118, where you can record this information and map it into automation tools. It also allows me to segment, target and build localised and targeted campaigns - crucial for marketing success. For example, I am integrating Pipedrive with HubSpot, and my HubSpot data needs to be targeted to ensure we are talking to the right people in the right language at the right time and the correct industry-related solution. Without the Smart contact data sync, I can't see how that can be done without laborious manual work and finding/adding this data another way, which causes issues with data accuracy and validation.

Comments

• Andrus Purde
    Andrus Purde Member Posts: 122
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2022 #2
    Options

Could you use the Smart Contact data as an entry point to Workflow automation to copy the value to a standard field? 

And PS. If you're looking to sync email engagement from Hubspot back to Pipedrive, we've just released a handy integration for that. 

• Sanita Karra
    Sanita Karra Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2022 #3
    Options

How would that work, Andrus? - without a property already present within HubSpot I wouldn't be able to trigger a workflow to convert it into a standard property - as the property is not hosted in HS, right?

• Andrus Purde
    Andrus Purde Member Posts: 122
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2022 #4
    Options

How would that work, Andrus? - without a property already present within HubSpot I wouldn't be able to trigger a workflow to convert it into a standard property - as the property is not hosted in HS, right?

Sorry, I may have misunderstood you. Now I'm not sure whether your mirrored field is in Pipedrive or Hubspot. I thought it's in Pipedrive and suggested checking whether you could map a mirrored PD field to a "normal" PD field. (Which you could then sync to other tools). Just a thought - haven't tested this myself.

Alternatively - could you not import the enriched "smart contact data" directly to Hubspot based on company name or email domain (using Clearbit or similar)?

• Arthur_70084
    Arthur_70084 Member Posts: 72
    First Comment
    edited March 2022 #5
    Options

Hey @Sanita Karra 

I'm not sure if I've quite understood your point. But if you want to handle manual work, I can suggest you to use Make.com. 

Moreover, I'm also a workflow automation and Make expert. 

If you want to know more about it, you can book a free visio call here :https://calendly.com/soustellepro/free-30-minute-audit-and-consultation

Best,

Arthur

• Akhil_Supermeet.ai
    Akhil_Supermeet.ai Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited May 2022 #6
    Options

Hi @Sanita Karra,

I have a similar situation. I feel that smart contact data is very much disconnected. Did you able to come up with any sort of solution for your use cases?

I have posted on the feedback channel for the same- https://community.pipedrive.com/post/using-smart-contact-data-for-better-workflows-and-efficiency-628fd8aec189502ae0678184

Let's get the PD team's attention to this case.