LinkedIn positions

Hi,

we have not tracked the positions for our contacts in pipedrive, however, now the time has come. I was wondering if there is a fast option to gather these info in bulk (I know there is smart data search - but is not succesful much and only for going person by person) from LinkedIN for example. Any experience?

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,155 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited February 24 #2

Hi @Martin Pecha !

LinkMatch seems to be a popular choice among our users, but feel free to check out all the other integrations in our marketplace for this.

Can you tell us a bit more about why you feel Smart Contact Data isn't giving you the results you'd like? I'd like to forward that feedback internally.

• Martin Pecha_2338
    Martin Pecha_2338 Posts: 192
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited May 2020 #3

Hi @Martin Pecha !

LinkMatch seems to be a popular choice among our users, but feel free to check out all the other integrations in our marketplace for this.

Can you tell us a bit more about why you feel Smart Contact Data isn't giving you the results you'd like? I'd like to forward that feedback internally.

for some reason, it does not search the information from linkedin - I can manually see that the info is on LinkedIn, but pipedrive is not able to search it based on the contact informations - maybe it would help to know, what is pipedrive using to match the accounts on linkedin

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,155 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited May 2020 #4

Hi @Martin Pecha !

Thank you for the additional details, @Martin Pecha .

Smart Contact Data searches for info based on the email address associated with that contact in Pipedrive (more on that here). Important to keep in mind:

• If there is more than one email address of the same type it looks first at the first email on the list.
    • If there is more than one email address of different types, it looks first at the Work email type. Work type always has priority.

Could it be that for some of these people you have more than one email address in Pipedrive, and the one being used isn't the "ideal" one?

• Martin Pecha_2338
    Martin Pecha_2338 Posts: 192
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited May 2020 #5

Hi @Martin Pecha !

I think the hypothesis here is wrong or for different use cases - it assumes that people uses working address for their LinkedIn accounts - however, you probably creates LinkedIn account with your personal address and thus only positions and companies will match
     - that is the reason, why smart contact data search is not so successful as you usually match these profiles based on name and company (when you search manually on linkedIn) - which is of course challenging to build I guess and requires a good skills of regex