Account Management in Pipedrive - Project H.A.M.M.E.R. BETA!

Gabriel Mafra
Gabriel Mafra Posts: 26 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
Pipedrive Employee

EDIT: Sign ups are now closed, thanks to all who shared their interest.

Hello Pipedrivers! 💜

We have some exciting news to share: After a (maybe not so) long time focusing on the pre-sales/deal closing side of the Sales Lifecycle, we are currently exploring how to deliver a better experience for the other side: Account Management! 

We heard you (and did our homework, aka research) and we know that some of you are currently hacking the sales pipelines or use a 3rd party tool for after-sales, which most often than not lead to out of sync data, missed actionable activities and, at the end of the day, more mess.

So, as our focus is to develop a native, Pipedrive solution, aimed at helping you manage the relationships and grow your existing accounts, we would like to invite you to participate in our closed beta and join forces with us to build valuable solutions to the whole community.

We will now shortlist an initial group to test some upcoming features, so there will be emails being sent soon! And, if you do not get in the initial beta, fear not - we’ll be slowly opening up for more and more people!

PS: If you want to share any thoughts on the topic but don't want to participate in the beta, feel free to comment on this post - your feedback is always appreciated!

PS2: As a sneak peek, here's a screenshot of what you could be testing in the upcoming months.

6245c40f6e022f358327ec5f_32582.png

Comments

• BaptisteBCA
    BaptisteBCA Community Driver Posts: 250
    Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Community Driver
    edited April 1 #2

Oh yes yes yes please 🙏

• Kyle Neuenschwander
    edited May 26 #3

Holy cow, count me in, definitely interested 

• ilter pak
    ilter pak Posts: 33
    Second Anniversary Photogenic
    edited April 1 #4

Harika görünüyor

• Harri Honkala
    Harri Honkala Posts: 36
    Second Anniversary Photogenic Elite Solution Provider
    edited April 1 #5

Wow this is awesome!

• Inés Líndez
    Inés Líndez Posts: 5
    Pipedrive Employee
    edited April 1 #6

This is already one of my favourite tools in Pipedrive! 🚀

• Andre Vill
    Andre Vill Posts: 139
    Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer Photogenic
    edited April 1 #7

This could be very very useful if the development is done correctly. Let's hope for the best!

• Steffen Hepp
    Steffen Hepp Posts: 39
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments Photogenic
    edited May 6 #8

@Gabriel Mafra do you have more information on the Account Management?

• Gabriel Mafra
    Gabriel Mafra Posts: 26 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    Pipedrive Employee
    edited April 1 #9

Hey, Steffen, what would you like to know?

We have started this exploratory initiative in order for us to test some features that we feel are beneficial for Account Management and to also get the community involved in this process, so we can get as closer to a desirable/actionable solution as much as possible. 

There are, as with any initial experimentation, a lot of unknowns and bumps along the way, which will be clarified and updated as we go. For example, our roadmap for now is pretty fluid because the community feedback will help us shape the long term planning (priorities and efforts). Our plan is to keep communicating with you to make this process smooth and valuable. 

In a nutshell, what I can confidently say is that we know that there is a space for improvement, when it comes to the post-sales part of the sales lifecycle and we want to make sure we are delivering on it. 

• Steffen Hepp
    edited April 1 #10

Dear Gabriel, thanks for your prompt reply. What I would like to know is what the Account Management Feature does include so far. Do you have an example or an additional screenshot? Sorry, but we didn't get it so far...

Thanks

• Anish Patel
    Anish Patel Posts: 30
    10 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited April 16 #11

I currently handle this in Pipedrive by creating an Account Management pipeline, under which I have set up "deals" labeled "<Company> Activity".  So, anything that doesn't fit into the official sales pipeline goes into the Account pipeline -- where I'm still able to log emails/activity/links.

The screenshot with Account activities looks like a great new view, and this could replace my hacks!  I have signed up and look forward to testing/iterating the concept! 

• Neal Bailey
    Neal Bailey Posts: 3
    edited April 4 #12

I am very interested we have allot of this use case. We use another tool now abs then part in Pipedrive so very interested. 

• Graziano Masia
    Graziano Masia Posts: 5
    edited April 11 #13

Hi, sorry I haven't fully understood what kind of accounts, may be useful be able to see full description of "What are accounts" in your screenshot... Thanks.

• Guy Thomas
    Guy Thomas Posts: 3
    edited April 4 #14

Looks like the solution I need to keep the metrics portion of my pipedrive working. Right now, any closed deals are moved to a different "customer" pipeline, but that breaks all my conversion metrics.

• Markus Meier_49922
    Markus Meier_49922 Posts: 29
    10 Comments Name Dropper First Anniversary Integration Partner
    edited April 19 #15

This is AWESOME! Account Management is a huge potential in Pipedrive - especially for every business with recurring revenue and land- & expand strategy. A great way to get Account Management boosted today is with the vizrm add-on that allows you to manage org structures based on your Pipedrive data. 🖤

• @Gabriel Mafra I'd love to participate in an interview about this. I have a number of clients who use additional pipelines for project management and I'd be happy to share how they use it now and what would be most beneficial to them in an actual AM setup. 

I'd argue this implementation of this does not need to be fancy. Users are used to the Pipeline view and account management works a lot like sales in many cases. There are stages and there are activities. I'd argue the most important components of this are actually general Pipedrive feature requests, such as:

1. Deal metrics not being removed from a pipeline if a deal moves from 1 pipeline to another (e.g. an onboarding pipeline is a progression of a sales pipeline). Currently I hack this by making a deal as won in the first pipeline and then looking at the second pipeline in "won" view. 
    2. The ability to have specific details visible on specific pipelines, only (e.g. AM deal details will have some overlap, but not 100% with the sales deal details)
    3. The ability for users to only have deal edit access within specific Pipelines/Stages
  • Frank Berenschot_41850
    edited April 19 #17

I am really excited about this feature, I already have some ideas how this will be helpful to our company!  

• Torbjörn Johansson
    Torbjörn Johansson Posts: 113
    10 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited April 19 #18

Hi @Gabriel Mafra ,

I am very interested to join the early Beta. I also filled in the form.

I hope I will be selected :)

regards

TJ

• Ian Yun
    Ian Yun Posts: 43
    10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited May 13 #19

Hi. I am absolutely interested in this beta testing! already filled the form.

Really hope that will be selected too!:)

• Steve Gubb
    Steve Gubb Posts: 7
    edited April 25 #20

yes please

• Jorge Martínez Marbán
    edited July 1 #21

🙏🙏🙏Please include me in the list!!!! I am very open to give you guys feedback 

• Jason Pautard
    Jason Pautard Posts: 5
    edited July 1 #22

Please count me in! Our company have a system that handle multiple business models, our feedback will be crucial for improvments 😉

• Gonçalo
    Gonçalo Posts: 15
    edited July 1 #23

Hi Gabriel,

We are not in the Beta team but there are a couple of changes or additions that would be really helpful for us. The first one that comes to mind is the ability for line or team managers to choose what they see on the kanban board tickets, such as the name of the "deal" "owner", which will give them a quick and straightforward perspective of where the team as a whole is.

Thanks 

• 澤口 友彰
    澤口 友彰 Posts: 22
    edited May 4 #24

yyes piease!

• Jörgen Sjöstrand_231
    edited July 1 #25

Yes, beta please! :)

• Steffen Hepp
    edited May 6 #26

Dear Gabriel, do you have any news on when the Beta will start? Thanks

• System Admin_31413
    System Admin_31413 Posts: 10
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited May 17 #27

could my account please be included in this Beta?

• Michelle_76806
    Michelle_76806 Posts: 6
    Photogenic
    edited May 19 #28

Would love to gain access to this one please 

• Aron Grinshtein
    Aron Grinshtein Posts: 5
    edited May 23 #29

Can I join in this beta please

• Sam Loria
    Sam Loria Posts: 1
    edited May 23 #30

Can we please join as soon as possible?

• Tom LeBrocq
    Tom LeBrocq Posts: 12
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    edited July 1 #31

Would love to help and be a part of the beta team on this!