Projects API

Options
Josh Buesking
Josh Buesking Member Posts: 176
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

I am really liking the updates you guys have been pushing out.

What's the status of the API? I can't find any mention of it anywhere. I apologize if it has been discussed and I looked over it.

I currently use the main pipeline as a project manager and rely on moving stages to trigger automations using integromat/make.

Is an API going to be available early?

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited July 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Josh Buesking 

Thanks for writing!

Unfortunately it's still early to make our API's public as in Beta they are changing still quite frequently. However, we are starting to work on Projects in our workflow automation. I hope that will also help you :) 

• Josh Buesking
    edited April 2022 #3
    Options

Hi @Josh Buesking 

Thanks for writing!

Unfortunately it's still early to make our API's public as in Beta they are changing still quite frequently. However, we are starting to work on Projects in our workflow automation. I hope that will also help you :) 

Thanks Mike for the response.

I completely understand them not being available in beta but wanted to make sure they eventually were going to be there. 

Main thing I need is basic triggers for new project created and when moved from stages.

Keep up the good work! 

The kanban view really made it all come together for me. I've been excited about this since I got the first email years ago when you guys were just testing the water to see if there was general interest. I have held off investing into another project management platform because I knew this would be the best option once available.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2022 #4
    Options

Hi @Josh Buesking 

Thanks for writing!

Thanks for the kind words and enthusiasm @Josh Buesking 🚀 these triggers in automation will come available in the near future 🤞🏻

• Josh Buesking
    edited July 2022 #5
    Options

Started using this for warranty claims just to play around with it. I am a contractor that currently uses pipedrive for project managment. So when a previous closed deal from the past has a warranty issue I create a project to track them seperatly.

Really like the additional functionality and activity by phase.

Will need an API for our automation that is outside the scope of pipedrives internal automation, cloud storage for files, and access to app and we could go live. Can't wait! I know you'll get there. Keep up the good work!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited July 2022 #6
    Options

Started using this for warranty claims just to play around with it. I am a contractor that currently uses pipedrive for project managment. So when a previous closed deal from the past has a warranty issue I create a project to track them seperatly.

Really like the additional functionality and activity by phase.

Will need an API for our automation that is outside the scope of pipedrives internal automation, cloud storage for files, and access to app and we could go live. Can't wait! I know you'll get there. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the kind words! It's in the backlog for when we launch.

• Josh Buesking
    Options

Any update on the API @Mike van der Valk

Would love to pull my project costs from xero into a custom field so I can see how thing are trending without having to log into xero.

• Mike van der Valk
    Options

Hi @Josh Buesking it hasn't been prioritised yet unfortunately :( I'm doing my best to be convincing and I hope we can do it but right now it's not yet on the roadmap.

• Iain Ashley
    Iain Ashley Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Hi @Mike van der Valk,

Any news on the Projects API? Can you give a guess as to a Qtr?

Thanks

• Upwwward
    Upwwward Member Posts: 16
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Options

Looking forward to it too ! 👀

• Mike van der Valk
    Options

It's being worked on right now. We hope to release it in the coming months 🚀

• Stephano Francisco
    Options

Hi @Mike van der Valk... was there any update on the API for the Projects Module?

• Josh Buesking
    Options

It was just released a couple days ago. Check the api documentation for the end points in the developer website.

• Audrey
    Audrey Member Posts: 8
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

If you don't want to integrate with the API but still want to leverage its functionality, you can look up the new integrations in relay.app (disclaimer: I work there).

Check it out here: https://www.relay.app/blog/integrations-with-the-new-pipedrive-projects-api

You can get started for free!

• Stephano Francisco
    Options

Hi @Mike van der Valk --- tks for letting me know... I've already started using the API and I have a question for you.

I am using the post command to add a project and it is working well, however I would like to add the project with a specific template that I have here. In order to do that, I saw in the documentation that I can give a command with the template id but it also requires to provide a start date.

Do you know how I can send the start date with the date that project is actually being created, instead of providing the exact date in the YYYY-MM-DD format, like we have in excel with the today() command for example?

• Mike van der Valk
    Options

Hi @Stephano Francisco glad to see you're using the API. I've recently switched teams within Pipedrive so I'm not too versed on the new API yet... I'm sorry. I think it's best to connect with our support team or via the developers community of Pipedrive around this question so they can best help you out :) Good luck!

• MartinaTEA
    MartinaTEA Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 24 #17
    Options

I see it says above that the Projects API was released in October but i still do not see any projects endpoints when accessing the API or in the documentation for it - only in beta?

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,071 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

Hi @MartinaTEA all working endpoints, including those for projects, are listed in our developer’s corner here.